𝒗𝒊𝒊. made to suffer

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

       DAPHNE SAT IN THE OPPOSITE CELL AS SHE DRANK FROM A BOTTLE OF WATER. It had only been a couple of hours since her dad left and she waited for his return.

"Hey," She turned over to see her aunt, approaching her. "You okay, sweet pea?" Daphne nodded, "Yeah, just... waitin' for Dad to get back, is all." She told. Drew pulls a strand of hair behind Daphne's ear. "Hon, he may not be back for at least a day or two. Just relax. You're stuck with us, now." Daphne smiles looking up at her aunt.

"Yeah, but that place, Woodbury?" Drew looks down at the girl. "I was there and... it was sketchy. I didn't trust anybody there. Michonne didn't either. She doesn't trust Uncle Merle at all, that's for sure."
      Drew looks at Daphne with a shocked expression written on her face. "Merle's alive?" She asks. Drew was sure that he died the day Rick locked him up at that building back in Atlanta. Daphne nods, "I thought you knew. I thought Michonne would've told you."

Drew shook her head, "No, she's di—" A loud scream of a woman had interrupted Drew and the Dixon girls looked at each other and then went towards the stairs where Carl, Beth and Hershel were at.

"Okay, does anyone else hear the screaming or is that just me?" Daphne asks. "How could anyone else get in?" Beth asks as Carl stands up.

"The tombs are filled with walkers that wandered in from outside. Someone else could have done the same thing." Hershel tells and Carl has his gun ready. "I'm going." He announces and Hershel stops him his crutch. "I can't let you go down there." He tells.

Carl looks at the older man and says: "My father would go." With a nod, Hershel understands and Daphne looks as he runs away and she knows that she has to do something. "Where's my gun?" She asks her aunt. "What?" Drew furrows her eyebrows. "Where's my gun?" Daphne repeats.

"We put it over at that table over there." Drew says as Daphne grabs her gun and loads it. "Wait, wait, Daphne, no!" Drew yells. "Just trust me!" Daphne shouts behind her as she follows behind in Carl's footsteps.

He looks back at the girl, shocked that she had followed him. "What are you doing? Go back!" He told as they were in the dark part of the halls. "No! I'm helping." Daphne defended. She could take care of herself. After all, she was a Dixon.

They walk towards the screams and Daphne sees a man holding a woman, who has a bite on her upper arm and a big, gruff man killing a walker and another woman struggling against another walker.

Daphne shoots the walker that's attacking the woman looks at the children, shocked that they were in this place. Everyone looks towards them. "Come on! Hurry!" Carl yells. "Hurry! Now!" Daphne yells.

The man with the woman falls to the ground and everyone stops. "Go! Just go." The man says. "Let me take her." The gruff man says, grabbing the woman and tossing her behind his shoulder. "I'll cover you." The other woman says and uses a shovel to kill one of the walkers.

The woman looks at Carl and says: "Look out!" Carl turns and shoots the walker in the head, it falling to the ground. "You have to leave her!" He yells. "No way!" The gruff man shouts back, killing another walker.

They make it to the cell block where Daphne and Michonne had been at and the gruff man kneels down and puts the woman that was bit down on the ground. "Oh, God! Donna? Is she dead? Is she dead? Baby?" The woman appeared to be still and dead.

"I'll take care of it." Carl says, holding his gun to her head. "Whoa! Dude!" Daphne stops him.

"Whoa, kid." The gruff man says. "Wait a minute." Carl shakes his head, "She doesn't have that long."

"Who the hell are you two?" The other woman asks. "How did you get in here? Who are you with?" She begins to bombard the two with questions. "Look, we can help you." Carl says. "First things first."

"No, they should do it." Daphne tells. "Yeah, we take care of our own." The man says, agreeing with Daphne. He grabs the hammer from another guy and Daphne knows she can't watch this happen and heads back out of the cell.

Carl follows behind and grabs the keys from his pocket and locks them in there. The other woman seems to take notice of this, immediately walking towards the door.

"Hey, what are you doing?" She questions. "Kid, did you just lock us in here? Open the door." She says.

"This room is secure. You'll be safe. You have food and water." Carl assures. "Open this door." She pleads, looking at the two kids. "I can't." Carl says.

"Come on, man. We're not animals. Don't do this." The woman tries.

The woman starts to bag on the doors and getting angry. "Hey! You can't just leave us in here! Open this door! Open it! Now!" The gruff man approaches her and stops her from banging on the doors. "Sasha! Back away from their door and let the man go."

The man looks around. When they did, Daphne got a good look at the people. They seem to mean no harm. She was sure of it. "Look around you. This is the best we've had it in weeks. His house. We got other things to do." The gruff man's eyes thwart back to the kids and Daphne feels hands on her shoulders and she looks up at her aunt and she looks back at the other people she and Carl had just saved.

"We don't want any trouble." The gruff man says and Daphne nods. Her aunt approached the locked doors. "Our leader, he'll look in. We don't want trouble either. For now, you stay here until he gets back. Alright?" Drew clarifies with the gruff man, who nods with his glistening on the woman as she walks away.

"Shouldn't we help them?" Beth asks, looking at the kids. "I did." Carl says, looking at the teenager. "We did." Daphne states. Carl nods, "We did." He clarifies.