𝒙𝒗𝒊. infected

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          DAPHNE HAD WAKEN UP EARLY, THANKS TO MICHONNE. Michonne was going out on a run and Daphne was coming along.

They had brought a horse out that the two were gonna share and they bump into Rick and Carl, carrying buckets. "Careful out there." Rick assures to the two. "Always am." Michonne says. "Any requests? Books? Comics?" Daphne asks. "Some stale M&Ms?" Michonne adds.

"You're the one that likes stale M&Ms." Carl chuckles. "Then I'll definitely looking for some. I'll look for some stuff you like, too. Why don't you wear your hat anymore?"

Carl looks at Michonne. "It's not a farming hat." He turns to Daphne. "See you soon?" Daphne nodded, "Yeah, we can hang out when I get back. Maybe with Patrick, too."

Daphne hops up on the horse with Michonne and the gates open and they're ready to set off when there is distant gunfire back at the building. Michonne and Daphne both whip their heads back when they heard the sounds from the prison. They decide to go back to the prison.

Michonne whistles and Carl is running towards the gate and opens it Daphne stays on the horse as Michonne deals with two walkers. Daphne realizes that Michonne isn't handling the walkers well and Daphne gets off the horse as Michonne falls to the ground with the walkers on top of her.

Daphne grabs one of the walkers and kills it but she quickly turns when another walker has a hold of her arm and suddenly, the walker is shot and Daphne looks to the gates to see that Carl had shot it with one of the rifles. He saved her, again.

Michonne through the walker that was on her towards the sticks and Maggie rushes and opens the gates and shoots the walker in the head. "Come on." Maggie said, helping Michonne as she started to limp.

Daphne looks ahead at the field and the walkers are piling up at the fences. They rush in through the gates and close them in time.

Carl and Maggie help Michonne make it to the building as Rick comes out. Carl immediately rushes to his father. "Hey, you might want to stay back. Carl." Rick says but Carl ignores him and continues to hug him.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I didn't see you come out." Carl tells him. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm fine. But back away." Rick says. Carl pulls away from his father. "I had to use one of the guns by the gate. I swear I didn't want to."

"We were coming back. I fell." Michonne said as Daphne puts Michonne's arm on her shoulder. "They came out and helped us." Daphne informs.

"Are you all right?" Michonne and Daphne nodded at Rick's question. "What happened in there?" Maggie asked.

The four looked over at a woman crying and holding her child in a blanket. Rick looked at the four ahead. "Patrick got sick last night. It's some kind of flu. It moves fast. We think he died and attacked the cell block." Daphne's eyes widened. Patrick was dead? He was such a good guy and Daphne never got to tell him. How could he die so suddenly? He was fine yesterday.

Rick looked at both Carl and Daphne. "Look, I know he was your friend and I'm sorry. He was a good kid. We lost a lot of good people." Daphne thought they were safe. That they were gonna be okay and move onto better things. Not this. Everyone was supposed to be okay.

Rick looks at Maggie. "Glenn and your dad are okay, but they were in there." His eyes thwart to Daphne. "Your dad and your aunt are okay too, but they were there. You shouldn't get too close to anyone that might have been exposed, at least for a little while. All of you." The four nod and take Michonne back to Cell Block C so they can wrap her leg up.

Daphne just hopes that everything turns out okay in the end. That this "sickness", like Rick said it was, would go away eventually. Hopefully, it would turn out alright in the end.

From a distance, she had seen her father burying the bodies outside, with gloves and bandana over his mouth. Daphne decides to go and join him and help him out. She grabs her gloves and her bandana to put over her mouth.

"Hey, Dad." She greeted. "What are you doing out here?" Daryl asks. "I just... I want to help." Daphne sighs. "You look tired. I can dig up a different hole to put the other bodies in." She says. "Okay, just one though. Then, you go back in." Daryl says. "Can't risk you gettin' sick."

Daphne grabs a shovel and starts digging up a hole next to Daryl's. "Patrick... he was in the cell." Daryl told Daphne. "Yeah, Rick told me." Daphne says. "I know he was your friend. You doing okay?" Daryl asks and Daphne nods and sighs before thinking of her answer, "I gotta be." She answers.

Soon after, Daphne had started walking back to the cell block and felt something tickling her throat. She coughed aloud and then coughed again. Uh, oh. She thought. She couldn't have gotten sick, had she?

She wasn't even in Cell Block D. How could she have gotten sick? She felt fine, she didn't feeling she was tired or sick, at all. Daphne guessed that it was only a matter of time until she did get sick.

Oh, God. Why did everything have to happen to her?

hey, lovelies!is it just me or did this situation in s4 remind anyone else of covid lmao-mya <3

hey, lovelies!
is it just me or did this situation in s4 remind anyone else of covid lmao
-mya <3