𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊. not tomorrow yet

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE GROUP HAD GOTTEN BACK FROM ALEXANDRIA AND RICK CALLED A MEETING AT THE CHURCH. Daphne had met up with Carl and they headed into the church together, taking a seat as Rick stood before everyone else.

He had begun to explain the place they had just recently visited. "And we can work with the Hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food-- eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, Abraham and Michael on the road." Ben and Michael stand near the doors with Drew as some people glance over at them.

"Now, sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did. They woulda killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it's how we keep this place. It's how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision." Daphne grabs Carl's hand reassuringly.

"If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece." Rick tells. For a minute, no one stands and then Morgan stands, getting the attention of a bunch of others and he speaks, not sure of how to word it right. "You're sure we can do it? We can beat them?"

"What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us-- yes, I'm sure." Rick nods to Morgan. "Then all we have to do is just tell them that." Morgan says.

"Well, they don't compromise." Rick tells. "This isn't a compromise. It's a choice you give them. It's a way out, for them and for us." Morgan tells. "These guys aren't gonna listen to what we have to say." Michael spoke, causing everyone to look at the man. "They didn't listen to what we had to say at all before. They wanted our weapons, it was the end of the story."

"Michael's right," Rick agreed. "We try and talk to the Saviors, we give up our advantage, our safety."No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive."

"Where there's life, there's possibility." Morgan argues. "Of them hitting us." Rick tells. "We're not trapped in this. None of you are trapped in this." Morgan looks around at everyone.

"Morgan... they always come back." Rick says. "Come back when they're dead, too. Yeah, we'll stop them. We have before."

"I'm not talking about the walkers."

"Morgan wants to talk to them first," Rick says to everyone as if they didn't hear what he just said. "I think that would be a mistake, but it's not up to me. I'll talk to the people still at home. I'll discuss it with the people on guard now, too, but who else wants to approach the Saviors, talk to them first?"