𝒍. east

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

DAPHNE AND HER FATHER HADN'T SPOKEN ONE WORD OF THE INCIDENT. They hadn't spoken any words, really. Daphne had figured that Daryl thought it was his fault Denise was dead. She knew because she felt that way sometimes.

The girl had currently been sitting on her porch, reading like she always was. She had a plate of a PB&J next to her and she ate while she read.

Her eye caught Enid walking by her house and Daphne smiles a bit to the girl and waves, Enid waves back to Daphne, smiling too.

She hadn't talked to Enid in a hot minute. Maybe I should see how she's doing later today. Daphne thought. Her thoughts had stopped when she heard the front door open and her father walked down the steps and hadn't faced his daughter, getting his motorcycle ready. "Dad?" She asked. Daryl still hadn't looked at Daphne and that made Daphne drop her book next to her and stood up from her spot.

"Where the hell are you going?" She asked, going down the steps. "Out." Daryl said, not looking at Daphne. "Just out?" Daphne questioned. Daryl finally looks at Daphne. "I'm gettin' those pricks, that a better explanation for you?" He snarked.

"No, Dad. We need to stay put. We'll figure it out later." Daphne says. "No, I can't." Daryl told.

"Dad—"

"I can't!" He raised his voice. Daphne flinched and scoffed. If he was gonna be like this, she wasn't just going to accept it. She did that for too long with her mother and she promised herself that she wasn't going to do that with her father.

"Fine, just leave like you always do." Daphne told and Daryl stopped in his tracks. "Like clockwork. Go have fun getting killed." Daphne snapped and stomped back into her house and saw as her dad didn't stop and come back in the house. He just left.

I hate him. I hate him for leaving all the damn time. Shit never goes right. Daphne thought and held back her tears, sighing.

Daryl made it to the gates and stopped his motorcycle in the front of them.

"Where are you going?" Michael questioned as he sharpened his knife and sat near the gates as Daryl opened the gates on his own. "Out." He said. "No, shit. You got specifics?" Abraham butts in from on top of the gates.

"What the hell is he doing?" Glenn questions Michonne and Maggie, who are standing near him. "Something he shouldn't." Michonne tells. "We gotta stop him." Glenn looks to Maggie, who nods in understanding.

They get into the van and Abraham gets in front of them, making them stop abruptly. "Make room for my freckled ass." Abraham says. "No," Rosita says and Michael stands up, grabbing his leather jacket off his seat and approaches the van as Rosita does so, too. "Cover my watch. You stay." Rosita tells Abraham.