𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊. rock in the road

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

         "NO! NO WAY IN HELL, THAT WAS NOT THE DEAL." Gregory spoke as everyone else had been in his office, trying to negotiate with him.

"You people swore you could take the Saviors out, and you failed. So any arrangement we had is now done -- null and void. We aren't trade partners, we aren't friends, and we never met. We don't know each other. I owe you nothing. In fact, you owe me for taking in the refugees, at great personal risk."

Obviously, Maggie and Sasha had been done with his bullshit and Daphne felt the same way. Everyone stood in his office.

"Oh, you were very brave staying in here while Maggie and Sasha saved this place. Your courage was inspiring." Jesus told in a sarcastic tone. "Hey, don't you work for me? Aren't we friends?" Gregory asked, looking at Jesus.

Rick faces the man. "Gregory, we already started this." Gregory interrupted him. "You started it." Rick corrected, "We did. And we're gonna win."

"These are killers." Gregory tried. "Is this how you want to live? Under their thumb, killing your people?" Rick questioned.

Gregory shrugged, "Sometimes we don't get to choose what our life looks like. Sometimes, Ricky, you have to count the blessings you have." Maggie butted in the middle of their conversation, hoping to get Gregory to agree. "How many people can we spare? How many people here can fight?" She asked.

"We?" Gregory scoffed. "I don't even know how many people we have, Margaret." Daphne scoffs silently at the man. It's Maggie, you brainless idiot. She said in her head.

"And does it even matter? I mean... w-w-what are you gonna do? Start a platoon of sorghum farmers? 'Cause that's what we got. They grow things. They're not gonna want to fight." Gregory told.

Tara shook her head. "You're wrong. When people have the chance to do the right thing, they usually step up. I mean, people just --" Gregory interrupts Tara. "L-Let me stop you before you break into song, okay?" Tara raises her arms in defeat and looks to Daphne and Daryl, thinking that this guy was actually joking.

"And, by the way, who would train all this cannon fodder?" Gregory questioned.

"I will." "Give me a week." "Say the word." Sasha, Michael and Rosita answered altogether. "Rhetorical, okay?" Gregory told in a sing-songy voice. "I don't want to know. I never want to hear another word about any of it, ever."

That was when Daphne stepped in. "Seriously?" She spoke from the back of the room and everyone looked at her. "We give you everything we offer and you treat us like we're nobody? Bullshit." She told.