𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. the distance

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

      AFTER QUESTIONING HIM, DAPHNE STILL POINTED HER GUN AT AARON'S HEAD AS THE FOUR OF THEM HEADED BACK TO THE BARN. Maggie walked in front as Sasha and Daphne remained in the back, watching him, pointing their guns at him. Daphne wouldn't budge. She still kept her suspicions about this guy.

"Hey. Everyone... This is Aaron." Maggie announces. "We met him outside." Everyone instantly shot up and held their guns up to him. Drew held her rifle up at him and wasn't going to hesitate to shoot if she had to. "He's by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear." Daryl took the liberty in checking to see if anybody was with him.

"Hi," Aaron said and Judith started to cry, causing Rick to hand Judith over to Carl. "It's nice to meet you." Everyone's guns remained on the man. "You said he had a weapon?" Rick said, looking to Maggie and she handed him the small gun he had. Rick checked it and then looked over at the man. "There something you need?"

Sasha speaks, "He has a camp, nearby. He wants us to audition for membership." Aaron's hands up are still in surrender as he speaks. "I wish there was another word. Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of a dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights." Daphne's gun is still propped up to his head.

"Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home." No one seemed to be buying this crap. After the Governor and Terminus, no one was willing to let their guard down for a second, even Daphne.

"I know," Aaron continued. "If I were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into." He looks over at Sasha. "Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?"

Sasha sighs and walks over to Rick, removing the bag from her shoulders and handing it to Rick. "Front pocket, there's an envelope." Rick had begun to unzip it.

"There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those. I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found an old camera store last—" Daryl interrupts Aaron. "Nobody gives a shit." I agree. Daphne thought.

"You're absolutely 100% right." Aaron says turning to Daphne's father. "That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe." Daphne looks over at Rick, who's looking over at the picture and stands as Aaron continues.

"If you join us, you will be. Each panel in that wall is a 15-foot-high, 12-foot-wide slab of solid steel framed by cold-rolled steel beams and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say-so. Like I said, security is obviously important. In fact, there's only one resource more critical to our community's survival. The people. Together we're strong. You can make us even stronger. The next picture, you'll see inside the gates. Our community was first construc—"