𝒍𝒙𝒙. worth

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

             DAPHNE HAD BEEN IN THE CAR FOR ALMOST AN HOUR SINCE SHE KEPT STOPPING. Her minds was filled with a million thoughts. She couldn't concentrate on driving when so many thoughts were running about in her heart.

The girl looks up and decides to stop once more. Daphne sighs and keep her eyes fixated on the gravel below. She looked over to her right on the passenger's side and saw that she hadn't only taken Negan's letter, she had taken Carl's letter to her as well. She must've just brought it along.

She still couldn't believe that Negan just let her go like that. Daphne assumes that it was because she had pregnant and that was why he just let her go like that. Somehow, she knew that deep down he cared. She didn't understand why, but he did care.

Daphne closes her eyes and feels as if she failed Carl. She couldn't even stop Negan if she begged on her knees. Daphne holds onto the wheel and she could remember when he said that he cared and that was when she knew he was in love with him.

Carl sputtered his answer, not holding it back any longer. "Because it should be someone who loves her, who cares about her, who thinks about her and never forgets about her and I'd—I'd do it for you."

Daphne was left speechless. Did he just admit what she thought he admitted just now? "If something happened to you, I couldn't live with myself. I care and love you too much. I would." He admitted.

Daphne's jaw dropped. Her heart began to warm up and the pair was left in a minute or two of silence. "No one had ever cared enough like you do." She had never opened herself to anybody else before. Carl was different. She could open up to him and she trusted him with her life. She loved him.

"Carl?"

"Yeah?"

She leaned closer to him and pressed her lips against his soft ones and and smiled into the kiss. "I love you, too." She told. This was a strange moment for the two but Daphne really did love him. She kissed him on the lips once more, liking the way it felt.

Where did the time go? She thought. He was gone now and Daphne still struggled with how she was feeling with losing him. She didn't even feel like crying anymore. There was no more tears left to shed.

She closed her eyes and began to find herself speaking aloud. "I tried." She said, hoping that somehow; maybe he would hear.

"I tried to stop it," She said. "I tried to do that for you. But I couldn't even do that. I'm sorry. I still want to make this place better for... for you and for the baby. You were right before, I can do this. I can keep going. If I can't do anything else, I can still do that. I can try. I will."