𝒙𝒊𝒗. welcome to the tombs

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

           EVERYONE WAS READY FOR THIS. This war had officially begun and Daphne couldn't even describe if she was ready or not. They were packing their things up and heading out down the highway until this was all done.

Hershel, Drew, Beth, Carl, Daphne and Judith were leaving while the rest were staying there to battle. It was probably gonna be a bloodbath and Daphne didn't even know if she was ready for that.

She was packing up the rest of her things and laid her bag on the benches. Her aunt was next to her, getting ready as well. "You know, you could go with them if you wanted to. I don't mind." Daphne told, looking at Drew. "Well, who's gonna protect you, then?" Drew jokes, pulling a strand of hair behind Daphne's ear.

"I can take care of myself, y'know. And I know you were thinking about it and you do want to go after him for what he did to—" She stopped herself from saying Merle's name out loud. "Believe me, I would, too." She shrugged.

"Okay, I'll stay." Drew told. "If that's what you want so bad." She jokes once more. "Be careful. Just keep surviving."

"We're Dixons," Daphne loads her gun up. "It's what we do." She smirks and Drew smirks at her niece.

She looks over to her left and sees Carl pushing his father away. He was pretty pissed for what was about to go down. "Is he always this pissed?" Daphne questioned to her aunt with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Daphne—"

"No, I'm fed up with how he's acting all the damn time."

"Daphne, give him a break. He lost his mother." Drew told, loading up a rifle.

"Still, it doesn't give him an excuse to be an asshole about everything. I get it, he's upset. But sometimes, we've gotta move on." She picks her bag up and heads to the car. Hershel was gonna be driving, Beth next to him on the passenger's side and Carl and Daphne in the backseat.

Beth and Daphne put up a tent for them to stay in so Judith and the others weren't out in the open. Carl kept watch and Daphne already heard the gunshots. After she put up the tent, she kept her gun handy.

A little while later and a bunch of gunshots later, she could hear someone running in the woods and towards them. She pulled out her gun and held it out in front of her as a boy looked at her, Carl and Hershel in shock. He looked scared.

"Drop the weapon, son." Hershel told. The boy nodded. "Sure. Here, take it." He held his gun out to Carl but Carl wasn't hesitating, at all. He shot the boy and he landed on the ground. The gunshot made Daphne flinch and she looked at Carl in disbelief and shock. Hershel has the same look on his face as Daphne did.