𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. the grove

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AFTER A NIGHT OF FINALLY GETTING REST, DREW HAD GONE OFF WITH CAROL AND MIKA AND THEY HAD FOUND A LITTLE HOUSE ABANDONED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. The three went to go and get Tyreese, Lizzie and Judith and brought them to the house.

Mika looked down at the ground and seen some small pecans on the ground. "What are these?" She asked. Carol answered the girl, "Pecans." Mika smiles, bending down to pick some up. "Oh, I love pecans."

"You know, maybe we could catch our breath here for a while." Carol says. "Yeah, for a little while." Drew nodded, agreeing. "We're still going to Terminus, right?" Lizzie asks as Carol opens up the small fence that's blocking their way.

She shrugs, "We'll just stay a day or two. There's a well full of water. Fences. They're not big, but they're something. And we saw deer. They eat pecans. We should be able to kill one to eat." Mika looks down at the pecans in her hand. "We can eat these, too, right?"

"You can eat your fill and then some." Tyreese says, making Drew smile. "Look." Lizzie points and they all turn to see the smoke rising up in the air. "Bet that's what we were smelling." Carol says, looking at Tyreese and Drew. "Looks far enough away." Drew shrugs, "Won't hurt us." Mika looks up, "I wonder how it started."

Tyreese shrugs, "Maybe lightning. Maybe a campfire. I can patch that fence. It's probably where the deer are coming from."

"We should leave it. Just play it really safe in here." They make their way towards the house and sit the kids down as they walk up the steps to the house. Carol knocks, trying to see if any walkers are coming.

"If there's one in there, it's not moving much. Let's just stay close, go slow room to room." Carol looks over at the girls. "Girls, you sit tight. You don't come in until we come out no matter what you hear." She informs and the two girls nod.

"Lizzie's got Judith. Mika, get out your gun. You're gonna need to stand watch." Mika hesitantly gets her gun out and Tyreese and Drew both notice it. "Stand strong, little lady." Tyreese tells Mika. Drew looks down towards the two girls. "Something happens, you holler, alright?" Mika nods in understanding.

With that, the three adults go into the house. Not even a minute of looking for walkers in the house, there's already Judith crying and the girls yelling and a gunshot.

Carol and Drew are the first out of the door and Mika has just killed a walker that was coming towards Lizzie. Carol helps Lizzie up as Tyreese grabbed Judith from her hands.

"Mika. Mika, honey, lower your gun." Drew told, putting her hands on the girl's shoulders. "You did it. You saved them." Carol said as she had seen Tyreese take Judith to the porch.