𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗. forget

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ONLY TWO NIGHTS LATER AND EVERYONE STILL HAD TROUBLE ADJUSTING TO THIS PLACE. Daphne tried her best to fit in, hanging with Carl, who mostly hung out with his new buddies, Ron and Mikey.

Daphne was glad Carl was finding some friends of his own, but she still mostly struggled with the only other girl there, Enid. She thought that she seemed just a little sketchy, but she understood her in a way. Daphne's thoughts of her were unknown even by herself, but she thought that if she got through to her, maybe it would be okay.

A little in the afternoon, Carl and Daphne had decided to go over to Ron's house to hang out. Carl, Mikey and Ron played video games and Daphne decided to join in on the fun since Enid wasn't over there.

"Hey, so are you guys going to the party tonight?" Ron questioned Carl and Daphne. The teens exchange a glance towards one another. "What party?" Daphne asked, curiously.

Ron begins, "Oh, yeah. Deanna's having a party night, for the new arrivals, which I guess, means you guys. Your whole group and whatnot." Daphne furrows her eyebrows at Carl and Carl looks over at Ron. "We'll see." He said.

About an hour later, the teens went back to their house for lunch and started to talk about this party to Rick and Drew, as they had already heard about it.

"You think it's a good idea to go?" Daphne asked her aunt. "Well, sweetpea, we are basically the guests of honor, so I think it's mandatory for us to go." Drew told.

Carol had walked into the house as Daphne stood up to set her plate over near the sink. "Daphne..." Carol spoke and Daphne faced towards her. "What do you think?"

Carol held up a long-sleeved black shirt with white and green blotched spots all around it and a short denim skirts and some black flats. Daphne looks at the woman and says: "No offense Carol, but the skirt has to go. You really wanna show your ankles?" She joked, heading over to the sink.

"Not for me, silly. For you." Carol says and Daphne bursts into laughter. "That's hilarious. I don't wear skirts, or dresses or anything classy. I don't even wear flats. Who the hell wears flats anymore, anyway? They're just heels without the heel." Daphne explains. "Why?" Carol questions. "Because... I..." She looks over at her aunt, who obviously doesn't want to get in the middle of this.

"It's boujee. And I am not boujee." Daphne admits. "Why are you giving me these anyway?" She asks, drinking out of her mug. "Well, we do have to look presentable for that party tonight." Daphne sighs, "Well, I'm sorry, but I don't wanna wear that." Daphne said.

Carol looks to the girl. "How 'bout this? You'll wear the outfit and you don't have to wear the flats since you don't like them."

"No flats and I get to have a flannel wrapped around my waist." Daphne bets. "You got yourself a deal." Carol smiles. "I'll go put this on your bed."