𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒗. no way out

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

      DAPHNE'S HAND IS GRIPPING ONTO CARL'S AS THEY STAGGER AMONGST THE CROWD. Daphne looks around at the walkers and none of them have figured out that they were there and in their group.

Rick had led the group near a bush and Daphne, Michonne and Carl looked around, checking their whereabouts and being weary of their surroundings.

"All right, new plan." Rick began, keeping his voice low. "Flares from a few guns aren't enough. Too many walkers, too spread out. We're not going to the armory. We need our vehicles back at the quarry. All of us drive. We'll need to round 'em up. We leave, we come back." He set out the plan and Daphne had agreed where he was going with this.

Jessie nods, "Okay..." She looks towards Carl holding Judith. "But Judith... to the quarry and back, I..." Rick pinches the bridge of his nose and Gabriel speaks up: "I'll take her." Daphne looks at the man. "Keep her safe in my church until you all lead the walkers away."

"Can you do this?" Michonne asks. Everyone looks at her as she speaks. Gabriel nods, "I'm supposed to. I have to. I will." Rick looks to his son and nods. Daphne blocks them from the walkers seeing her. "All right." Judith begins to whimper and Daphne helps Carl and Gabriel and successfully, Judith is under Gabriel's bloodied sheet.

"Take Sam." Jessie says before Gabriel has a chance to leave. "No." Sam says, stirring up an argument. Carl nods to Daphne, "You should go with Gabriel, too." He told her. "What? No." Daphne says. "Daphne..." Carl wanted her to go with Gabriel.

If something happened to her, he couldn't live with that. Daphne was too oblivious to see that Carl did care about her like she did with him and she wanted to stay.

"No, we're in this game, together. You, me, us. It's always been that way. And I don't give a shit if something happens to me out there. I'll die saving this place. I'm going and that's final." Daphne told and with an exasperated sigh and a roll of his eyes, he nodded to her, understanding.

With what happened, Gabriel left with Judith and Sam stayed with Jessie. They decided to leave once more. Rick, Sam, Jessie, Carl, Daphne, Ron and Michonne were left and they stumble their way amongst the crowd again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

         BEFORE DAPHNE KNEW IT, SUN HAD BEEN GONE AND THEY WERE STILL IN THE CROWD. All that was left was the darkness, the walkers and them.

They kept going and they were almost out of there when Sam had abruptly stopped and stood out of the line. "Sam?" Jessie looks at her son. "Sam? Come on, come on."

Rick, Ron and Jessie kept trying to get Sam to keep going but he didn't move. He was scared.

"I need you to be strong." Jessie told her son. Sam stayed in his spot, not moving. Ron began to attempt once more to get his younger brother to keep going. "Sam—" But all of that had ended once two walkers had grabbed onto Sam and he screamed and the walkers starting gutting into him and killing him. "Mom!" He screamed.