𝒍𝒗. sing me a song

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CARL AND DAPHNE HAD BEEN JOINED BY JESUS IN THE TRUCK. Daphne chatted with him about Maggie and asked if she and the baby were okay and thankfully, they were.

As Daphne looked for a gun she could take when they entered the Sanctuary, she saw Jesus, holding a syrup bottle upside down and letting all out of the truck.

She and Carl looked at him with confused expressions written on their faces. "What are you doing?" Daphne asked. Jesus turns around and then back in front of him. "Making a trail," He answered. "I think we're close. We should bail out, follow the rest of the way, see what we can see."

Both Carl and Daphne looked at each other. They didn't tell Jesus of their plan going to Negan themselves. "How?" Carl asked, going along with it. "It isn't usually the fall that gets us. It's trying to fight it. Run with it or roll with it. The truck's going slow enough. We'll be in the blind spot. We can race behind one of the other cars."

"But, I-I-If... If I screw up and we get caught—" Jesus interrupts Carl. "It'll be fine. We just got to go now." Carl looked at Daphne. "Okay. Show me first and we'll go." Daphne could tell that Carl was just going along with the plan. So she did, too. "Yeah, we'll follow behind."

With that, Jesus rolled out of the truck and rolled over behind one of the cars. Both Daphne and Carl peeked over and saw Jesus and Daphne mouthed an: "I'm sorry." to the man.

They went back to their "battle stations" and each grabbed a gun and Daphne looked over at Carl. "Hey." She said. "We're almost there." She looked outside and then back at Carl. "Whatever happens—"

"I love you." Carl interrupted her and Daphne gives a look to Carl and says: "You stole my line, Cowboy." Daphne smirked. "Come on, we should keep quiet." Carl told. "Right." Daphne said and got her gun ready.

Soon enough, the truck had stopped and they could hear Negan outside. Carl and Daphne both hid behind the large boxes and waited. Someone had come inside the truck and then saw Carl, to which he immediately shot him down and both Carl and Daphne got out of their spots and headed out, stepping over the dead man's body.

"Stay back!" Carl yelled at everyone there. "Everyone, drop your weapons. Now." Daphne ordered. "We only want Negan. He killed our friends. No one else needs to die." Carl told, looking around.

They both heard the tormented whistling and Daphne made eyes with the man that killed the two most important people in her life, that dumbass Negan.

He smirked at the two. "Damn, well if it isn't Bonnie and Clyde." Negan commented. "You two are adorable." He grabbed one of his men and held him in front of him. "Did you pick those guns 'cause they looked cool? You totally did, right? I ain't gonna lie... you both scare the shit outta me."