𝒍𝒙𝒊𝒗. honor

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

       DAPHNE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT ONCE SHE SAW THE BITE ON CARL'S STOMACH. Tears spilled from her eyes and she looked at Carl, who looked back at her. Daphne stood up, refusing to believe this was actually happening. She prayed for this to be a nightmare.

Carl closed his eyes seeing how tense Daphne got. "Daphne—" "If this is some sick joke, you better tell me, right now. Right now." She told. "Daphne—" "No."

She began to sob. "Why didn't you tell me?" She broke down. "Why didn't—" "I'm sorry." Carl said through his raspy voice. Drew stood up and comforted her niece, rubbing her arms and telling her that it was gonna be okay.

"I-I don't..." It seemed that Rick had been trouble processing this like Daphne was. "Dad." Carl tried. "How..."

"Dad... it's all right. It's gotta be. I wasn't sure if you'd make it back before... but just in case, you know..." He grabbed letters out of his pocket, all folded and he looked at Michonne. "I wanted to make sure I was able to say goodbye." He told.

Rick was refusing to believe this. "No. It's them. It's them. They... They don't... It wasn't... Carl."

Carl sighed, "I got bit. Daphne and I, we were bringing someone back. His name's Siddiq. We saw him at that gas station, before... It wasn't the Saviors. It just happened. I got bit." He explained.

That's why he looked weak back when they were saving him. Daphne thought about what could've been done differently. How maybe it would be if she just killed that stupid walker just a bit faster. Maybe it was her fault. Maybe she wasn't quick enough.

She looked over at Siddiq's made bed and spoke: "We've gotta get him on something he could actually lean against." Daphne sniffled. "Let's get him on that bed." Siddiq quickly moved and Rick and Michonne helped Carl over to the bed and he groaned, laying on the bed as Rick and Michonne settles him in.

"Is that better?" Michonne questioned. Carl nods swiftly. "Yeah... Thanks." Daphne rushes over to him, sitting near where his head is. She heard pills rattling and then Siddiq's voice. "I, um, I got these. They're over-the-counter, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. They'll, um... They'll help a little with the fever. They did for my mom and dad." He looked down at the ground, thinking and his voice broke as he looked at Rick.

Daphne figures that maybe he thought that it had been his fault, as well. I mean, after all, they were saving him. Daphne didn't think it had been his fault. She could see how hard he was trying to help.

"Please take them. Your son... he should have them." With her thoughts running through her head, she looked at Siddiq and said: "Thank you." She said.