Chapter 4

Emilia Ellis

Daniel was insisting on driving and I pointed out to him, that just incase he decides to drink. Who is going to drive us home? Because all I know is he would never let me drive.I drive the car around fifteen or twenty times a year-that's when Daniel is out of town or on vacation. He complains-I'm a horrible driver, but doesn't seem to get why? Sometime, I feel like hitting him and asking him if he can understand now.

Jace finally drove us to our destination. We were early and I see our staffs already working hard. The venue was beautiful. We rented a ball room in one of the largest hotel in NYC. I made sure, the securities know the rules- no invitation cards means no entry and if they walk out of the premises, they need to have a stamp that allows them to return back.

I was nervous about this meeting, it's the largest and that's where every large companies gathers together to celebrate the success of our company.

"It's going to be fine." Daniel assured and I give him a nervous smile.

People started showing up and Daniel and I stood out to greet them.

Dad and Mom arrived soon, Mom wore a half sleeves dress that goes just down here knees. Her hair was in a stylish bun and she decided to wear a ballerina flats to match her outfit.

"You look beautiful, Mom." Daniel said kissing her on her cheeks and she smiled.

Dad was wearing tuxedos as well and he seemed nervous, just like me.

"You look great,Dad." I assured him and he give me a thankful smile. We were all gathered around the large room as Music was playing behind us, drinks was getting served and so was snacks.

I was talking to Leslie about one of our assigned project when Dad came forward with a man, who seemed to be the same age as my Dad, he was wearing a white and black tuxedo, he have a very welcoming smile and his grey eyes was very pleasant to look at. It's a beautiful shade of grey.

Leslie greeted Dad and give a polite smile to the man before excusing herself.

"Caleb, meet my daughter-Emilia." Dad grinned, proudly. Dad and I made a deal, to only share this detail with people who he can trust can keep the secrets and I guess this man is one of his closest friend, whom in my entire 26 years of living have never seen him before.

"Hello,Mr.Caleb." I greeted him politely. "Nice to meet you." I said, all professional.

He laughed. "Please just call me Caleb, you are so beautiful just like your mother." And I noticed his English accent. Maybe, that's why I have never met him before because he is not from here.

"I told you." Dad said."She is very beautiful." He grinned proudly while my cheeks burned a little.

"Too bad my son is not coming." The man joked.

"Hey." Dad said slapping his back, lightly. "Tell him, he missed his chance.." and I was confused by what they were talking about.

"It's so nice to finally meet you." He said. "Your dad talks about you all the time."

And I looked at my Dad, who grinned at me.

"I remember seeing you when you were very little." He smiled, fondly at the memory. "That was so long time ago."

"She doesn't even remember you." Dad pointed out and I give him a little guilty look.

"I should have tried to keep in touch, but at least we are back." He smiled.

"Caleb and his family are from London,his family just moved back a year ago. I hang out with Caleb and his family when I visit London."

"I see." I said, taking in the new information.

"I hope to see you around, again." He give me a warm smile.

"It was nice meeting you." I said.

"Likewise." He said as he and Dad walked around to talk to other people.

Daniel was walking around talking with people, he is good at this. Socializing. I have a very hard time when it comes to holding conversations or starting conversations and that's when people assume I'm too arrogant to have a conversation with them. I'm a very reserved person and I like my own space and bubbles-that's what David calls it.

The MC took over the stage soon and we all settled down on our assigned seats. David and I, of course sat on the same table with some people from the office. They tried holding conversation with Daniel, but I think they find him intimidating as he is the "Chairman's son" that's why I don't want people to know about my background because they will start acting different in front of me.People took turned to talk, we had PowerPoint presentations and talks. Our meals order was taken and foods started coming in.

Leslie, of course know that he is my brother because she is my secretary, but at the same times team up with him when it comes to my safety. It's concerning but I know she means well and so does, Daniel.

Daniel cracks weird jokes to lighten our moods and I was thankful for that. Daniel was half drunk by the time the event was coming to an end. People started leaving as we distributed some stuffs for them to remember the day.

"We can manage, Ms.Emilia." Leslie assured me. "I think you should go home." And looked at Daniel, who was standing at the corner, flirting with a blonde.

I almost face palmed myself. Not here, in front of so many people. I pulled him by his coat and apologized to the woman who seemed mad by my interruption.

"Have a good night, love." He said waving her goodbye.

"Pull yourself together." I said to him. "There are lots of people watching."

"I'm not drunk." He said looking at me straight in the eyes and then smiles.

"Then why are you pretending to be drunk?" I questioned.

"So we can go home." He said in the most obvious tone and I scoffed at him.

"Jace will be waiting outside." I said. "I'll just use the washroom very quickly."

"Go ahead." He said. "I'll be in the lobby." I nodded my head as I made my way to the washroom.

When I stepped out of the washroom, I see a man leaning just outside the washroom. He was wearing a black T-shirt below his black leather jacket, and was wearing a black ripped jeans and classic black and white Vans. His brunette hair was in a mess, but a good kind of mess. He was focused on his phone until he looked up and looked me straight in the eyes.