Chapter 38

Emilia Ellis

Chase definitely knows how to have fun. The next morning, he drove us to one part of the city and I realized you can actually rent bikes from a place, where we parked the car.

Chase said, he was recommended to this place by his friend back in London when he was moving here. He have never been here before, so it's a first for him and I.

I'm not good at riding bike, but I did learn when I was young. It was part of the sports classes my brothers and I had to attend.

I started out in a very uneasy manner, afraid I would fall, but thankfully I didn't. Chase didn't get on his bike until he was sure I was fine with riding the bike. We toured around the neighbourhood, it was a quiet neighbourhood with lots of trees and beautiful homes.

We stopped near the woods to relax. We don't usually get a chance to spend time in a quiet places like this. We had to drove two hours away from home to be, here. It was refreshing. The air seemed different and smelled differently. I could hear water flowing from somewhere from the woods.

We sat down on the huge rock for a much needed break.

"Have you been in contact with anyone from London?" I asked. "You must have had a lot of friends back home?"

"Mostly acquaintances, I do still have friends who I still have contacts with."

"How are they like?" I asked curiously.

"They are.." he tried to search for words. "difficult to handle at the beginning but once you get to know them. They are nice."

I nodded my head.

"Do you have any friend that you are secretly hiding me from?" He asked.

"I don't really have friends." I said.

"None? Not even one?"

"I wouldn't consider him a friend, more like family friend's son, who was tolerable."

"Who is he? How is he like?"

"He's in Seattle, owns restaurants and hotels. He's older to me by a year. Very bossy." I rolled my eyes at him. "But just like your friends, if you get to know him. He's very nice."

"That's the only friend?"

"Yes, we used to hang out when he was here- he moved to Seattle like three years ago. We are not in contact, though. I'm horrible at keeping in touch with people." I said. "That's why I don't have many friends. At the beginning, we used to exchange emails and stuffs, but things got busy. I didn't have time to return his calls and emails. He was very demanding and wanted me to answer my calls all the time. I don't understand his problems."

"Does your brothers know about this?"

"Of course, he used to send me gifts." I said rolling my eyes, again at the awful memories. "It's like his apologies.. he will be rude and then send me gifts as apologies."

"I'm glad you are not in touch with him. He doesn't sound like a friend."

"I considered him a friend that time. He was nice to me, most of the times. We used to go to same classes when we were little and since our families were friends, I see him very often."

"I don't like him." He said.

I laughed. "Boys didn't get along with him. He's an arrogant man with very little kindness. Forget about him. It's not like we are friends,anymore."

"I'm glad you are not."

"Your friends must be nicer than him."

"I'm the bossy one in the group." He pointed out and I laughed.