Chapter 40

Emilia Ellis

I had a meeting with Charlie about the company's progress so far..

"I don't have to really worry much knowing you are in charge." He smiled.

"Thanks for your trust, but I do make mistakes some time."

"We all are humans after all." He reminded. Charlie is very down to earth and humble. I think that's why Dad approves Charlie as the CEO because Dad said, a lead should know how to lead it's pack, but also know when to bend down a little for its packs.

It didn't make sense to me when I was young, but I get it now. A leader should move forward to lead them to success, but it must also look back to see if the people are with him.. sometime we are too busy climbing up that we forget the people who was with us and the reason we are successful so far.

"You want to grab lunch, later today?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

It's not unusual. We sometime do grab lunch together to talk about work related topics and exchange informations about work. He's been David's friend since High School, and I know him for a while to trust him.

"Can we grab sushi for lunch? I'm craving sushi." He said rubbing his tummy. I laughed.

"You always crave for sushi." I pointed out.

"True. Alyson said she had enough of sushi and I don't have anyone to go with. David is not flying down anytime, soon either."

"I know." I said. "But he should be over for thanksgiving or Christmas. It depend if he gets off from work."

"True." He said. "Anyway, I will see you around 11:30? Is that fine."

"Yes, absolutely." I said.

After that, I was back at my office checking on files and statistics. I looked to my right looking at NYC in its finest. I like this room, the view is beautiful and especially when it rains.

My phone pinged, indicating a text and I looked to see a text from Chase. He texted me this morning with a 'Good morning, beautiful.' text and it made my heart flutter at his cute gesture.

I did replied to him and he just returned the text.

"Sorry, I was in a conference meeting. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too."

"What are you doing?"

"Work. I believe you have work as well."

"Always."

"I'll see you this evening?"

"Yes. I'm getting off at six."

"Perfect. I get off at five-thirty. See you, love."

Charlie was punctual and we met in the lobby to grab sushi from the Japanese restaurant across the street. He's a regular here and I was right when we walked in and the people greeted him by his name.

We were seated at the corner of the restaurant as we discussed about our possible visit to our locations across the country. We have these visits to see how the locations have been doing and if any help is needed.