Chapter 9

Emilia Ellis

The next day was busy as everyone was excited for the wedding. It was a church wedding, I wore a navy blue sweetheart empire waist dress with Stiletto. My brothers wore similar colours tuxedo.

"Emilia." One of my cousin, approached me while we were waiting to take our pictures with the bride and groom after the wedding.

The wedding was so beautiful and so emotional and I couldn't help but feel glad about attending it.The choir was absolutely wonderful and so was the ceremony.

"Jessica." I acknowledged her.

"Nice dress." She chuckled and a group of them started laughing. I kept a straight face, I know they just want reaction from me.

"F*ck off." Daniel said to Jessica with a hostile look.

Jessica raised her hands in defends and walked away.

"You look beautiful." He assured me and I smiled.

The wedding reception was at night. Even though I wanted to escape and stay at home. I did took a responsibility and I never back out when I agree to do something.

I was nervous by the time it was six pm and we were outside the reception hall building. The building is privately owned by some 'Reynolds' who used to be royals, many years ago. With the modern world stepping in, they don't have powers to control the places,but they are suppose to be the richest families in the world.I wore a black high low dress with a high heels. I will regret wearing heels at the end of the night.

There were cameras, lots of lighting as soon as I stepped inside the hall. Men wore tuxedos, while women was wearing beautiful dresses.

"Smile for the camera." Someone said and then the flashlight blinded me. "Thank you." And I blinked my eyes a couple of times.

"You're okay?" David asked frowning at the guy who just took my picture.

"Yes, that was unexpected." I said and straighten myself and pulled out my straight face.

"You can relax for a bit, you know that?" David muttered beside me. "You are so tensed."

"Have to be always cautious." I looked around the room.

"You will be just fine." He said.

When the bride and groom arrived, everyone cheered excitedly. There were speeches that was shared and then came the performance. I was super nervous in the beginning when I was playing because of all the stares, but soon I forgot about the people around me and just focus on the music.

The whole room was applauding after I was done playing and I did a small curtesy bow to everyone, before walking towards my parents who give me a quick hug and said how proud they are feeling. I stopped performing for audience when I was like 14 or 15? I used to perform in small halls and occasions but eventually I became shy and more reserved and stopped taking part in the events.

There was another performance after me and I really wanted to use the washroom. I excused myself and searched for the washroom. It was difficult at first because the place was huge. I eventually found one at the end of the hall. When I came out of the washroom and looked at the large window that showed the back side of the building. I was in awe. There was a fountain with lights on and water flowing. The whole backyard was lit up with lights and I can see a small bridge, far away from here. The bridge was decorated with light as well and the bridge leads to another large building that was as big as this one.

And like the curious person that I am, I walked down the stairs and to the backyard. I was surprise there was no security over here. There were securities all over the front side of the building due to reporters. A lot of well known people was here for this event. The grasses was trimmed and well kept making it easier for me to walk. It's a little further than I expected, but when I stood at the bridge, it felt great. There was water flowing below the bridge and I was not sure where it was leading to. The bridge was covered with fairy lights and there were four big outdoor post lights near the bridge. The place was serene and beautiful. The flowing of the water soothes my nerves and calmed my heart a little, until I heard giggles,followed by footsteps and talking coming from the other side of the bridge. I looked at the other side and I see a shadow of a male and a female.

When I see the mysterious brunette stranger with his arm on a dark haired woman's shoulder, I froze and quickly turned around, hoping that he didn't see me. Why here? Why now? I don't want to be seen like a suspicious person and give out my identity. I was hoping I don't see him, again.

"Look, Someone is here." I heard the girl whispered too loudly and I started walking.

"It's okay." Chase said. "We are leaving anyway....excuse me, you can stay if you want." I didn't know he would be that considerate and I nodded my head.When they moved passed me I made sure to turn the other way, so he wouldn't be able to see my face.

I heard the footsteps leaving and soon the sound was gone and I sighed in relief and turned to look at them when I see Chase's face right in front of me. He had to bend down to meet me in the eyes. I had a small fright and moved back with a gasp.

He chuckled lightly. "I knew it has to be you." He said giving me a smug look.

"Haha.. good guessing." I said with sarcasm.

"Hello stranger." He give me a big smile and I was worried about our deal, now. If my brothers find out about this deal-they will lock me up at home, forever.

"Hello." I said giving him a wary look.

"Didn't know you were coming."

"Of course." I said.

"It's so good to see you, again."

"I wish I could say, likewise, but you and I both know it's otherwise."

"Are you always this charming?"

"Of course." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You remember our deal?" He smirked.

I grumbled and folded my arms and pouted.

"Don't pout like that." He growl as his fingers touched my lip and I gasped at the sudden spark that I felt. "It makes me want to f*cking kiss you."

I don't really like when people cuss, but he make it sound so much sexier.  His grey eyes had a mischief glint to it, his nose was perfect like his face and his mouth was in a wolfish grin. He was wearing a black and white tuxedo suit and looked so handsome and sexy. His brunette hair was in a mess-but none the less, he looks good. Wait, where did that woman go? The one who was with him.

I moved my face away from his hand and stepped back. I better set boundaries or I will regret later.

"Where is the woman you were with? I believe she will be upset if she see us like this."

He smirked as he dropped his hand to his side. "She went inside, we had little fun and that's it." He shrugged so casually that my mouth opened a little. He is acting like it's not a big deal.

"I have to go." I said to him and move to the side to walked pass him.

"Wait." He said, making me stop in my track.