Chapter 14

Warning: sensitive topic in this chapter. Please read at your own risks.

Emilia Ellis

Dinner was smooth and lively. There were fun-filled conversation through out and I couldn't help but feel better after our little talk. Chase is actually a pretty smart man. He knows his facts and his point of view in things is actually pretty fascinating. I found out his businesses involve-with real estates and airlines, he's also a large investors in some stuffs.

Our parents was curious at how we met and I allowed Chase to figure out the story. He went along to share about how he saw me help someone on the street. I felt uncomfortable hearing compliments from other people or sharing stories of what a good job I did. It gives me a lots of pressure to keep up to that position and I don't like to disappoint people.

After our dinner, we all gathered around the living room to have talks and desserts. Chase left earlier as he had to do something. We did in fact spoke a little before he left- it was more like a bye, it was nice knowing you kind of talk.

"I'm sorry, if I hurt you by what I did yesterday. It was a very bad idea." He said. "You must have been in a lot of stress. I promise I won't be bothering you again and I will make it up to you." I have no idea how? I think he must have understood from my expression. "I will stay away from you."

I agreed and that's how we said our goodbyes to each other. It's been five days since I last saw him, David had flew back to LA promising to return soon and of course told me to be careful and things like that. I was in my office when Charlie, the CEO of our company knocked at the door before walking in.

Charlie is around David's age. He's 30 years old, tall and charming. He have good humour, but when it comes to work-he is a difficult man to handle. He doesn't take sh*t when it comes to work, that's why Dad likes him. Charlie is married and have a beautiful child,that I do get to meet occasionally.

"Emilia." He said, it's been what? A week since I last saw him. He went to Paris for a business trip and also vacation.

"Charlie." I said grinning.

"How was Paris?"

"Beautiful." He smiled.

"You missed all the good stuff in our conference." I said.

"I heard all about it from your Dad." He said. "From Alyson." He said as he took out a gift box and handed to me.

"What?" I said excitedly as I opened the box to find a perfume bottle. I take in the smell of the perfume and I like it. "Thank you."

"Thank Alyson." He said grinning.

"I will." I said.

"I will see you later. Have to catch up."

"Have fun." I grinned, he scrunched his nose, we both know how difficult it is when you come back from business trips and vacations. Pending files, meetings, and back to routines.

During lunch, I walked with Leslie to buy burritos from a local restaurant in the neighbourhood and of course, Chase has to be there. I found out his office is close by too. Our offices are located in the heart of Downtown and maybe that's why we keep bumping into each other because we are in the same neighbourhood.

He seemed to be flirting with the workers and didn't notice when we walked in. I think he went to the washroom after.We stood in line to order and Leslie had to turned once to speak to the man behind him to keep some distance. I noticed her looking uncomfortable and I turned to see the man, in less obvious way was touching her back. I checked the cameras in the store and I see two near us and it should be able to cover what has happened and will happen next.

"Excuse me." I said turning around to confront that creep.

The man give me a creepy smile. Leslie held me back from my arm. I glared at that man. "I'm going to call the cops on you for assaulting her."

The man was surprised by my confrontations. The place was quiet now and he looked at me and said, "I didn't even do anything." He give me a challenging look.

"You can explain that to the police." I said as I took out my phone and he snatched my phone, away.

"Woman, why do you need to involve them? I didn't even do anything."

"Give back my phone." I said. "If you didn't do anything, you definitely wouldn't have snatched my phone. You can explain to the police, that. Now, give back my phone."

"You are just taking advantage of an innocent man."

"I'm not going to repeat myself, give back my phone."

He pushed me harshly and I bumped on the counter. I winced in pain.I'm going to file a case on him from my side.

"Hey." Chase said showing up. He didn't seem happy at all. He stood in front of us. "Keep your filthy hands to yourself." He snatched my phone back from that man. "You do not treat women like that, you filthy dirt." He growled. The man was about to run for the door, but that's when the cops showed up and an employee said, "that man in front of you." And the cops eyes widened and was able to catch him before he made his way out.

"Are you okay?" Chase asked me with a worried look in his eyes.

"I'm okay, thank you."I said and looked at Leslie. "Are you okay?"

"I'm shaken." She said to me.

The cops took our statements and I called up my lawyers and asked them to help me in the situation. Chase was there the whole time, they were able to find evidence and of course a lot of witnesses.

The man glared at us while getting cuffed.

"I'll walk you guys back to your office." Chase offered.

"I will ask Jace to drop you off at home. Is that fine with you?" Her eyes widened in surprise. "Actually, I will drop you off, home." I said to her and she hesitated, but before she could say No.I called up Jace to tell him I will be borrowing the car and will come back later to the office.

"Can I go with you guys?" Chase asked, looking worried.

"We should be fine." I assured him. "Thank you for your help."

"I will follow you guys from behind." He said.

I was about to argue with him, but seeing Leslie looking so horrified, I kept my mouth shut. He called someone and asked them to meet us in Cora.

"If you need anyone to talk to.. I'm here and also I will be notifying Dr.Victoria's secretary to book an appointment for you whenever you want." I said softly.

"I'm fine. Thank you." Leslie said.

"The offer is always there." I said to her. "You can take off tomorrow."

She didn't say anything as she looked out of the window.