Chapter 15

Emilia Ellis

I was glad, Leslie's husband was at home. I walked inside with her, and her husband was surprised to see us at the door. Leslie walked into his arms and started sobbing and her husband looked at me with a worried look in his eyes. Chase came and stood protectively beside me. We all went inside their home. Leslie said she wanted to take a shower and ran upstairs, before thanking Chase and I.

Her husband features turned angry when I shared the incident. "Thank you for bringing her home." He said.

"She can take the rest of the week off and I will call Dr.Victoria who is a therapist for our company to schedule an appointment if Linda wants it. We are here for her."

"I really appreciated how you are going beyond and treating your staffs as if they are your own family." Her husband said.

"I just want her to feel better in anyway possible, please take care of her." I said.

"Can I drive your car?" He asked and I was surprised by his request.

"Why?" I asked.

"You can drop the facade that you are okay, I know you are shaken up.Your hands are shaking." He said looking at my hands.

"I'm fine." I said brushing him off. I was in fact, horrified. In broad daylight this has happened to someone that I know, I was a witness and was shoved back by that predator for speaking up and there was even involvement of police and lawyers.

He snatched the key from my hands and I looked at him with surprised.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to go back to work." He said looking concerned.

"I'm fine." I said and he looked at me before sighing. He opened the passenger door for me and made sure I put on my seat belt before moving to the driver's side.

My head rest against the window and I closed my eyes briefly. I have meetings to cover and Leslie won't be there meaning I need someone to help me out briefly. I really appreciate Leslie and all the secretaries who goes beyond their duties to make sure, that things goes smoothly for all of us. With the unexpected leave, it might be problematic, but I'm sure I will be able to manage.

The soft music that was flowing in the car was briefly interrupted by a phone call from office asking about my whereabouts.

"Something came up. I had to drop Mrs.Lopez home. She will be off for the rest of the week. I'm almost there." I said.

"Do you want me to cancel your meetings today?"

"No." I said. "We will keep doing what we are doing and maybe need someone to fill in to type what has happened in the meeting."

"Okay."

"Anything else?"

"That will be it."

"Thank you." I said and ended the call.

"Are you sure you will be okay?" He asked. He seemed concerned, but I have no idea why.

"Yes." I said keeping a straight face.

"It's okay, if you were scared. It's okay if you are feeling unwell. I'm proud you stood up instead of standing there quietly. He said. "Don't bottle up your fear, share with someone. I'm here- seek help. It's okay to feel vulnerable. We all are humans after all."

And that made me burst out in tears. He quickly pulled to the closest possible place to stop the car and took off his seat belt.

"Shh.. it's okay." He comforted. "I know you were afraid, but you did a good job." He put his hand on my shoulder and I stiffened at the contact. He moved his hands away and looked at me. My back actually hurts now, but I don't want to tell him that. I wiped my tears away and tried to control myself. Why am I in a mess at the moment?

"Do you need a moment by yourself? I will step out if you want."

I thought for a moment and nodded my head and he opened the door of his side. He give me one more glance before stepping out of the car. I touched my back and wondered if there was a bruise now due to the force of the push. I think I have to get it check. I don't know how I should be feeling apart from being shook after the incident. I wonder how Leslie must be feeling after that incident. She was a victim of a creep.

I rolled down the window after calming myself down. Chase was trying to look calm, but his eyes was far more than calm. He was angry, angry about something I have no idea about.

"Can you please drive me back to work?" I asked.

He came back to the car and looked at me.  "You are okay, I'm here for you." He said and his hand went for my hair, but he stopped and give me a look- asking for permission and I nodded my head.

He stroke my hair gently. "Don't worry. I'm here." He assured me and I give him a small smile which he returned. I tried to not show any pain when I stepped out of the car.

Jace was panicking when we returned back to the office. I didn't exactly explain to him what happened apart from ordering him to stay in office. If only I allowed him to come with us to grab lunch I think we would have avoided the mess. David and Daniel will be so mad about this, again.

"Ms.Ellis." Jace said giving me a very concerned look.

"Something came up. Leslie had to go home." I said and I tried very hard to keep a straight face. I looked at Chase with an appreciated look.

"Thank you so much for everything. Please do let me how I can repay you for your kindness." I said.

"Please." He said. "I just want you to take care of yourself and let your security come with you wherever you go next time. That's what I would like from you."

Jace was confused. "Ms.Ellis.." he was waiting for explanation.

"Something happened when they were grabbing lunch." Chase said. Jace eyes widened in surprise.

"I'm sorry, Jace." I said.

His eyes was cold and steely. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm okay.." I said.

"Please can you explain to me what has happen?" He asked looking at Chase.