Chapter 20

Emilia Ellis

"Can I consider this as our date?" He asked while we were settling down for breakfast.

I thought about it. "Sure.." I said.

"Do you have candles or something?"

"Yes, scented candles?" I said as I opened a cabinet that was half filled with different scented candle.

"Oh, wow." He chuckled lightly as he looked at the candles.

We picked lemon mint leaf and he lit it for us and put it in between where were sitting. "I had a different idea when it came to going on a date with you, but this will do." He smiled.

He continued to share stories about him and I found it quite surprising that he and I have quite a lot of things in common-but I didn't tell him that. I avoided sharing anything about me and he didn't seem to mind about that.

The staffs panicked when they saw us eating and apologized about the breakfast.

"Don't worry." Chase brushed them off. "Ms.Ellis and I had a fun time cooking."

And I agreed with him to which they sighed in relief.

Right when we finished our breakfast, he got a phone call from someone and he frowned and excused himself before picking up the call.

I helped tidied up a bit in the mean time. He came back with a small scowl on his handsome face and I wondered what happened.

"Some unwanted thing happened back at my place." He scoffed in annoyance. "I'm sorry, but I have to go..."

"Definitely.." I said.

"Thank you for breakfast, I really enjoyed spending time with you."

I give him a small smile. "I hope everything is good at home. Take care."

"I will see you around. You do have my number now, if you want to hang out or talk. You can call me." He reassured and left after that.

I went to the office to work. I made sure to take care of my sore back, it's getting there.. I hope it will be better soon.

David FaceTimed me and he had a scowl on his face.

"Hi." I said to him.

"Hello Emilia." He started and I tried to figure out his mood. "How was your week?" He give me a sweet smile.

I feel like it's a bait, and cautiously answered, "It was tiring but good, how was your week?"

"Absolutely fabulous." And I could hear sarcasm from his tone.

"That's great.." I said.

"What did you do this week?"

"Just work, what about you?"

"Same old." He said. "Any excitement thing happened lately?"

And I should have mentioned about the incident that happened few days back, but I didn't. I shared how Daniel was not here, but I'm doing fine and things like that.

"I see." He said. "So absolutely nothing special happened?"

"Why are you asking?" I feigned innocence.

"Apparently Dr.Finch is trying to get hold of me because someone was too busy ignoring her call." He looked at me.

"Dr.Finch was trying to get hold of who?" I pretended.

"Daniel is not there, so who is she looking for?" He raised one of his eyebrow.

"About that.."

"Yes, about that."