Chapter 36

Emilia Ellis

Of all the things in the world to do.. I didn't expect him to say that.

"I'm not good at painting." I admitted.

"Neither am I."

"Why do you want to paint?" I asked curiously.

"The walls are bare at this home. I thought we might as well paint and hung it on the walls."

"My painting will be horrible, I don't want it to be on the walls. People will laugh."

"It's for us and for me, pretty please." He pouted. "I'm not even good at it."

He somehow convinced me and he took me to a room that have the lightest colour among the other rooms that I've been. The room was white and was surrounded by large windows. I noticed art canvas stands and blank art canvas surrounded the room.

Chase was those kind of people who says they are not good at something, but turns out was great at it. He must be embarrass or shy when it comes to boasting about himself.

I see canvas painting surrounded the room and it was breathtaking.. some were pencil sketches while others were acrylic paintings. I wonder if Daniel know about this hidden talent of Chase.

"I didn't know you like painting."

"It's honestly just a hobby." He rubbed his neck as his face burnt a little, most likely from embarrassment.

"It's beautiful." I said looking at the room. Daniel would love to talk about painting and art with him. There were painting of places and things.

"Thanks." He said smiling.

We sat across from each other.. I have no idea what to paint. I scribble something and started painting, mixing colours mostly.

I watched him paint, he looked serene and happy while he painted and I was curious what he was painting.

After an two hours or so, he stood up and stretched.

"You are all done?" He asked.

"Yes." I said. "It's horrible."

He came for my side and he looked baffled and tried to compliment the painting.

"Don't have to try." I said looking at the awful fruit basket I tried to draw and painted.

"It's not bad, I promise." He kissed my cheek.

"What did you paint?" I asked curiously and I excitedly walk to his side and my jaw dropped. It was a painting of the bridge where we first met after we made the deal. It look he took a picture from a phone or camera. It was that good.

"It's not that great." He said rubbing his neck, awkwardly. Most likely it's one of his habit when he's nervous.

"It's breathtaking." I said to him. "I love it." I looked at him and then at the painting.

"Thank you." He smile at me.

"Have you thought about being an artist?" I asked.

"It's just a hobby, I don't really want to be an Artist. It's not something I would do as a career." He said looking at the painting.

"I really love it." I smiled at the picture.

"I'm glad you did." He said.

"It's better than mine, at least." I laughed and he chuckled.

"I likes yours." He said kissing the back of my hands.

Chase said, we can have Buttercup do a small canvas. We put the tray of colour and a blank canvas on the ground. Buttercup curiously dipped her front paw on the paint and then Chase lifted her a bit and then put her paw on the canvas.