Chapter 18

Emilia Ellis

I stood outside Little Italy, hoping he would be there. I don't know why I thought he would be here. Jace said he will be standing outside to guard the place and will watch me if I needed help. I appreciated that.

I was disappointed when I walked in and he was not sitting over there. I see Cody in the bar and he was surprise to see me and came out of the bar and towards me.

"What a pleasant surprise to have you back here." He said. "Table for one?"

"Just take out." I said awkwardly.I ordered pizza instead of pasta and their shrimp toasts. He took my orders to the kitchen and return back with a smile. I paid for the take out and sat on the bar stool.

"Do you happen to know Chase?" I asked and he give me a quizzical look.

"Which Chase?" He asked.

"Chase Reynolds."

His eyes widened a little, but he soon recovered and nodded his head. "Of course, we are friends.."

"Do you know where he is at the moment?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, but I can't give out personal informations about my friends."

"That's okay." I said feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. Maybe, I should have saved his number on my phone.

He excused himself and went to the back of the kitchen while I waited for my foods.

He soon came back with my foods and said, "Chase didn't answer my call, but I mentioned to him in his voicemail,that you were looking for him."

My eyes widened, how embarrassing is that.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked and I didn't know how to answer apart from a, No.

I thanked him and left the restaurant. I went home and took a shower and came down. The house was empty and I can't see anyone. I sat on the dinning area and opened a root beer can to have it with my pizza and the shrimp toast.

I ate quietly my dinner and sighed as I sipped my drink. The food is absolutely delicious and I would order the pizzas and the toasts again. My phone rang and I see a caller ID that says private. I,none the less accepted the call.

"Hi." I heard him say from the other side.

"Hello." I said quietly.

"I heard you were looking for me?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

I was about to answer when I heard a female voice asking him, if he would like to order take out. My heart clenched tightly and I have no idea why.He answered rather rudely to the woman with a No.

"Yes." I said. Feeling guilty for interrupting him in whatever he was doing. "And no, I was just at that place and I just asked about you. Nothing important." I brushed it off. "I have to do something, bye." I said and ended the call and took a deep breath. I don't even want to know what he was doing. I shouldn't be feeling miserable but why was I? Do I have feelings for him? I don't know. I have no answer to that.

I tried to look at the bruise at my back in the washroom, it was difficult but I was able to look at it and frowned at the bruise. It's still painful and it looks bad. I sighed and then applied cream and hopefully it will get better soon. I got ready for bed. I laid on my stomach to avoid the pain at my back. I really needed sleep, I couldn't sleep well last night.My phone rang and I opened my eyes to look at the screen. It was the same private ID. This time I debated before answering it.

"I'm at your place." He said as soon as I answered the call.

"What?" I said grudgingly. I don't want to get up from bed when I'm already comfortable and ready to fall asleep. I am exhausted, my lack of sleep was bothering me and my work now. I was glad it was weekend and I could try to figure something out.

"I'm coming in." He warned.

"No." I said. "I'm sleeping. Don't come,now."

"Too late." He said and I heard a knock at my door and I see him peeping inside.

His light brunette hair was messy, he was wearing a coat with a dark blue shirt and sweatpants. I had to sit up and scowled at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You were looking for me, so of course I will be here." He said stating the obvious as he took off his coat and put it on the chair and walked towards me.

"I just asked about you, not that I was looking for you."

"It's a progress.. you looking for someone means you are trying to communicate."He said as he sat down on my bed. "You seemed tired." He said and I sighed.

"That's exactly why you shouldn't be here. I want to sleep." I said.

"What's bothering you?" He asked.

The bruise at my back is bothering me much more than I would like to admit.

"Work." I said.

"You want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Why are you being nice to me when I was very rude to you?" I asked looking at my fingers.

"You have reasons to.." he said.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you last time." I apologized.

"I'm sorry for crossing lines." He said and I looked at him. "Do you want a hug?"

I thought for a while. I looked at him, thoughtfully.

"I don't bite." He said.

I scoot near him and reached out for a hug. He stroke my hair while giving me a hug. I don't know how I feel about him, but I should think about it. I don't usually let people hug me or stroke my hair like this. He smell of mint and body wash and of Chase.

His hand rubbed my back gently until he accidentally pressed on my bruise and I winced and moved back from him.

"What was that?" He asked as he tried reaching for me again.

"Nothing." I said.

"Emilia." He started.