003

We arrived at their home a little after noon

The pavement was hot and temperatures were high on this fine July day.
Luca helped me with my luggage and showed me around the house.

We got to the basement were I was going to live, with the older brother, I didn't care much about tho.

Luca had carried my suitcases down stairs, I could see them waiting for me with each step I took downwards.

The basement were one big room. I walked to the first door I saw, which turned out to be the bathroom.
I gave it a quick look before turning around to see the rest of the room.

In the other end two beds were placed, a boy around my age laying on one of them. He were on his stomach, I guess he hadn't noticed my presence yet.

"Hi" I said, my voice sounding softer than I meant it to.
His head snapped in my direction, before looking me over, which made me slightly uncomfortable.

I won't lie, he did look good. Black hair, deep brown eyes and tanned skin. He wore a pair of glasses, making him look a little nerdy, but it was just cute.

"I'm Isla, your exchange student?" I tried introducing my self, not really getting any response from him. Rude.

"Uh huh" he mumbled, his gaze were still on me. I stood there for an awkward moment before turning around and walking towards what I assumed to be my bed.
"Nice meeting you too" I whispered.

Just as I had rolled my suitcases to my bed footsteps were heard on the stairs.

"Mattia, I hope you're nice to Isla?" Maria walked into the room and walked to her son.
He said something in a language I didn't understand. It sounded like either Italian or Spanish.

Maria then walked to me.
"You can put your clothes there" She pointed towards a wooden closet, "and shoes and jackets can be in the hallway" She gave me a warm smile before walking upstairs again.

"So" his voice were low and raspy. I turned around to look at him, seeing him standing in the bathroom.
"Isla, introduce yourself"

I let got of the clothes in my hand before answering, "what do you want to know?"

"Hmmm, what about we play 21 questions?" He asked, looking me in the eyes for the first time.

"Sure. You'll start"

"What's your favourite colour?" His eyes were still on me as I put some clothes into the closet.

"Yellow. What about you?"

He walked out of the bathroom, sitting down on my bed."Purple"
He took a moment before asking the next question.
"Are you a virgin?"

I turned around, looking at him with one brow raised. "What's wrong?" He asked, mocking my accent. It were actually decent, coming from an American. He burst out laughing before walking upstairs.

"What a prick"

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The day had turned into night and I were now getting ready to have my first night of sleep in America.
I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when Mattia walked in.

He looked at me through the mirror for a few seconds before asking; "you seriously don't know me?"

I spat out the leftover toothpaste, a confused look on my face. "Why should I? We've only just met"

I walked towards the door, now standing in the door frame waiting for his answer.
"I'm famous"

I looked at him in disbelief. "Of course you are" i said as I walked into our room and threw myself on the bed.
"And I'm the queen of England"

"What'd you say?" He walked out of the bathroom just as I had thrown myself onto the bed, looking me over once again.

"Nothing" I climbed under the covers.

He walked towards his own bed before turning off all lamps and turning on his LED lights, making everything in the room coated in red.

"You know, we never finished 21 questions" I could hear him say from his own bed.
I lifted my head slightly to see him smirking at me.

"Goodnight Mattia"

"MaTtIa"