034

Narrative

Saturday came along, and so did another day at the pool

Amina, Isla and Erin were all laying on some loungers by the water, soaking in the sun.
"I could get used to this" Isla spoke out as she put on another coat of sunscreen. Gotta remember that protection.

"Sameeee" Erin chimed in. "We could just move to Florida"

"You only want to do that so you can be with Alvaro all the time" Amina exposed her best friend, making all of them laugh.

"I meannnn" Erin tried explaining herself. "It's a plus that he lives here too"

"Anyway" Isla got up from the lounger. "I'm getting a smoothie, y'all want something?"

"I'm good babe, thanks"
"Me too"

The Brit nodded before walking towards the pool bar. "Hi, can I get a mango smoothie?"

"It'll be 3,75"

The girl handed the cashier the money, before he walked off towards the blender. She looked around the bar a little, her eyes landing on a familiar face.

She caught the girls gaze, soon realising who she was. "You're the girl that-"

"I'm the girl your boyfriend kissed"
Cynthia Parker. Her voice was sweet, like the incident didn't mean anything. "I just want to tell you that I'm so sorry for kissing him back"

Cynthia clearly tried bringing Isla down, but the Brit let it slide. "It's alrigh-"

"I mean ofcourse I wouldn't have done if I knew he had a girlfriend" She ran a hand through her hair. "But the poor guy kept begging me to kiss him and I just couldn't resist"

Anger started boiling in Islas blood. She decided not to look at the sugary girl, as she waited patiently for her smoothie to be done.

"You're a quiet one, aren't you?" Cynthia teased.

Isla didn't bother to look at her as she tried keeping calm.

"I see why Mattia cheated on you, you're boring"

Islas head snapped up, catching Cynthias glistening eyes. "Shut up"

"What'd you say?" She asked grinning, clearly satisfied with the reaction she got.

"I said shut up. Now, please don't disrespect me like that, ever again" She spoke through gritted teeth, and with that, Isla picked up her smoothie and walked off, leaving Cynthia with a frown on her face.

Time flies by when you're having fun, and soon enough Isla and the rest were back in New Jersey.
School had started once again, the spring soccer season had started and Islas life was pretty good at the moment.

That was, until this one weird Friday in April. It had started off good; the usual silent car ride with her lover, the first period with Alejandro and Kairi and a fun lunch break.

Isla was now on her way to the last practice of the week. She walked down the empty hallways of PVHS in deep thought, not even noticing somebody had called out her name.

"ISLA" a deep voice yelled from behind her, finally catching her attention. The girl spun around on her heels, revealing Patrick standing a few feet away.

"What's up?" She tightened her ponytail as she waited impatiently for his response.

"Can we talk?" The boy took a few steps towards her so the two were closer as they spoke.

"I don't have time for this" she shook her head gently as she didn't want to come off as mean. "I've got practice"

"Can we talk after? I can give you a ride home?" The Brazilian suggested, simply not taking no for an answer.

The girl thought about it for a while before nodding. "Sure, I'll meet you at the parking lot" And with that she walked off towards the turf.

Practice weren't too hard that Friday afternoon, everyone was tired and ready for the weekend.
They did a few 1v1 before playing a match, ending up with Islas team winning.

The girl quickly took off her cleats, walking the distance to Patrick's car on her bare feet.
He sat in the car, watching her closely as she opened the door and got in.

"Talk" she commanded as the tension between the two ex-lovers quickly spread in the Chevrolet.

Patrick started the vehicle as he spoke up.
"I know you don't like me Isla-"

"You're damn right on that one"

"And I know that leaking your nudes was very very wrong of me-"

"Correct"

The boy started getting annoyed by her comments, but he shrugged it off. "But I really miss hanging out with you. I understand that it might take some time building the trust up again, but I really want to give it another shot"

The girl cleared her throat as she starred out the window. She was quite overwhelmed, to say the least, by his words.

"I'm with Mattia"

Patrick sighed deeply, clearly not happy with the response. "Mattia doesn't treat you right! He cheated on you for fuck sake!"

"You leaked my nudes" the girl finally laid her eyes upon the boy next to her. "How does that make you any better?"

The car came to a stop as the two had reached their destination: the Polibio house.

"Isla I can treat you right"
She didn't listen to him as she reached out to open to door, but was stopped mid air by Patrick.
She didn't even get a change to look at him before he had crashed his lips onto hers.

A few moments passed before Isla realised what was happening. That Patrick kissed her.
She didn't hesitate to push him away, a disgusted look upon her face.

"Don't ever do that again" Was the last words she spoke before getting out of the car and towards her house. But what she didn't know was that her boyfriend, Mattia, had been looking out the window and seen everything that had just happened.
That his girlfriend had just kissed another guy.

Mary's thoughts:Patrick's back to start some dramaaaY'all might hate me now And btw, I actually love Cynthia but I just wanted to make her annoying/mean for this story (:

Mary's thoughts:
Patrick's back to start some dramaaa
Y'all might hate me now
And btw, I actually love Cynthia but I just wanted to make her annoying/mean for this story (: