019

Narrative

The two teenagers pulled up to the school a few minutes before the first bell would rang

Mattia walked Isla to her locker, both of them ignoring the stares they received.

Patrick walked by them, making Mattia flinch. He was ready to throw hands, but Isla quickly grabbed his arm.

"Promise me you won't touch him" she commanded lowly, only for them to hear.
He didn't give her an answer, he kept staring towards the direction Patrick had walked.

"Mattia. Promise me you won't hit Patrick" Her voice were slightly more raised this time, making Mattia finally look at her.

"I promise" he reassured her before he walked off towards his first class.
Isla did the same, she met up with Alvaro and Kairi in front of Ms. Thomas's class.
As the trio walked towards their usual seats whispers were heard from all around the class room.

At first Isla didn't bother, but about 20 minutes into the lecture, she couldn't concentrate about anything but the small whispers escaping the teenagers mouths.

Kairi and Alvaro tried calming her down in vain.
Isla leg bounced against the floor, making her table shake slightly when she raised her hand.
"Yes, Ms. Armstrong?"

Isla stood up from her seat and walked to Mrs. Thomas desk, turning around to face the rest of the class.

"Yes, it was my boobs that got leaked, alright?" She states, her voice filled with confidence. "But can you all please shut the fuck up about it now?"

Most of the students in the room didn't dare to look up at her, while the minority looked at her in awe.
Nobody had actually expected her to stand up for herself.

"Thank you coming to my ted talk" she said jokingly as she found her way back to her seat, earning a impressive look from Alvaro and Kairi.

"That was" Alvaro stammered out, blinking slowly, "brave" Kairi finished off, while making a short nod towards the others side of the room, were Patrick was seated.
His head were buried in his papers, almost as if he was scared to look up.

"About him" Isla said, her eyes still lingering upon the Brazilian boy. "Maybe I should talk to him?"

Alvaro let out a small chuckle before speaking up.
"Maybe you should, before Mattia does"

The name caught Isla attention, looking at Alvaro confused. She knew what he meant, but he had promised her earlier that morning not to do anything.
Instead she played it off dumb with saying a "what's up with him anyway? Why's he so overprotective?"

The Japanese rose a brow at her, surprised by her ignorance. "I thought you had put the pieces together?" he laughed out, making Alvaro grin a bit too.

And of course she had, she wasn't exactly dumb. But she wanted to hear it from someone else than her own imagination.

"He's like really into you, dumbass" Alvaro gave her the answer she wanted with a soft smack on the top of her arm.
She hid the smirk that now covered her face by looking down, pretending to read some of what was written on her paper.

Isla had decided to talk to Patrick when lunch came around. After a short pit stop at her locker she walked towards the cafeteria with steady steps.
She sat down at her friend group's usual table, her eyes fixated on the doors.

As soon as the Brazilian boy walked through them, Isla had gotten up from her seat, racing towards him.

She heard Amina ask her where she was going, but she had no time to explain. Plus, the group of teenagers soon found out.

"We have to talk." She walked up to Patrick, who was standing in line to buy a sandwich.
He didn't say anything, but quickly followed her out the cafeteria, into the now empty hallways.

He leaned against a locker, trying to play it off cool, but deep down inside he were scared.
Not particularly scared of her, but of what her friends would do to him.

"Look" the female started out, while running a hand through her hair. "I shouldn't have kissed Mattia. I know it was wrong and I'm deeply sorry"

"You definitely shouldn't" he spat, his voice were harsh and no emotion were shown on his rather handsome face.

"But that does not make it alright for you to leak my fucking nudes" Isla tried keeping calm, but rage slowly started spreading inside of her body.

"So?"
Patrick were good at playing careless, which made the anger boil even more in Isla.
"So?" She asked, her voice echoing through out the hallway.
"Who the fuck do you think you are? Don't pretend like you don't care, 'cause I know you do Patrick" she spat, earning both of them a few judging looks from a couple of students passing by.

Finally Patrick decide to speak up, sadly it weren't positive things.
"I had all my right to do that, you know, when your girl is a slut and makes out with another guy?" He spat.

"What did you just call her?" Mattia barged into the hallway, ready to kick the shit out of Patrick.
Luckily Alejandro had followed, grabbing his best friend's wrist to hold him back.

"Oh come on, don't act surprised" Patrick laughed, but the feeling he had inside just grew wider seeing the angry Mattia standing only a few feet away.

"Don't call her that" Mattia spat through gritted teeth. Ale still held on to him, scared of what he would do if he let go.

"Fine" Patrick looked away for a few moments. "I can find tons of other words to describe her" a grin were plastered to his lips, but in his eyes the fear were slowly building.
But it didn't stop him.

"Whore. Bitch. Skank. Tramp-" he were cut off by Islas hand smacking him across his cheek, leaving a stinging red handmark.
"Shut up" she calmly spoke out, tears forming in her eyes.

Mattia and Ale smiled at the girl standing up for herself, even though both of them wanted to beat him up too.
"Don't ever disrespect a woman like that again" Islas voice were low, but you could still hear it was on the verge of breaking down.

She spun around on her heels before walking back into the cafeteria, leaving the three boys standing in the deserted hallway.
Mattia would have jumped upon Patrick if it weren't for Alejandro dragging him back into the cafeteria too.