037

Narrative:

Turns out, the two teens were pretty good at being friends

Turns out, the two teens were pretty good at being friends. The tension had disappeared between them, everything went back to normal.
Almost back to normal.

"Happy birthday to youuuuuu" Mattia sang as he jumped on Islas bed. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU"

The girl threw her pillow at him, covering her ears quickly. "You're horrible at singing"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ISLAAAAA"

The girl sat up, a grin on her face.
"Please ever do that again" she chuckled.

"Happy seventeenth you crazy ass" Mattia said as he pulled her into a hug.
"Thank you" she softly whispered as she slung her arms around his neck.

The teens went upstairs, eating breakfast with the rest of the Polibio family.
Isla received a few gifts from the family; a new hoodie, a bracelet and a matching ring.

"Thank youuuu" The girl exclaimed happily as she hugged Maria, Gianluca and Luca goodbye, before her and Mattia drove of to school.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY" Erin and Amina screamed as soon as Isla stepped out of Mattias car.
The two girls were holding balloons with the number '17' and a cake each.

"Y'all are too much" Isla jokes as she pulled them into a group hug. "Thank you"

As the trio stood hugging Alejandro walked up to his best friend. "You got the surprise ready?"

Mattia gave him a small smile before nodding.
"Yeah"

Isla was congratulated by many that day. Friends, teachers and even some she didn't know.
A smile was plastered to her face as she packed her stuff, ready for lunch.
Suddenly she got a text from Mattia, telling her to meet him at his car.

The girl rose a brow, but decided not to question him. A few moments later she was on the sunny parking lot, walking towards the Italian standing against his black car.

"What's up?"

A smile spread across Mattias face as he opened the door for Isla to get in.
"We're leaving school early today, now get in"
The girl hesitated a bit resulting in Mattia letting out a "Just trust me"

"Do I have a choice?" Isla asked, one brow raised. Mattia let out a grin as he walked to the drivers side of the car.

"Actually not"
He started the vehicle and soon the two were on the road. The boy laid his hand on Islas thigh, without giving it much thought.
That was until he saw Islas raised brow.

"Sorry" he quickly removed the hand, placing it back on the wheel. "Old habit"

Isla let out a small smile before grabbing his hand and placed it on her thigh again, where it had just been seconds ago.
"It's okay" The girl pulled a strand of hair behind her ear before speaking up again.
"Care to tell me where we're going?"