026

Narrative:

Mattia took Islas hand and squeezed it tightly before walking up the stairs and welcoming the guests

The two teens had decided on not to tell anyone about their little romance, not wanting to have to explain it for each of them.

"Hi I'm Isla, nice to meet you" The young female went around introducing her self, putting her warmest smile on for each of the guests.

The smile were broken once she shook hands with at girl, probably same age as her.
"I'm sorry, who?" The girl asked rudely, giving Isla a nasty look. The tension were unavoidable between the two.

"I'm Isla, I'm and exchange student living here"

"Oh" she raised her brows in a uninterested way. "I'm Fiona, Maria's goddaughter"

Isla nodded, feeling slightly awkward. "Well it was nice to meet y-"

"Mattia!!" Fiona cut Isla of, as she ran to Matti, slinging her arms around him.
He looked slightly surprised at the sudden hug, but nonetheless hugged her back.

Isla catched his gaze, mouthing a 'what the fuck' before walking around and saying hello to the rest of the guests.

Everyone started finding their seats, Isla and Mattia finding theirs a the children's table.
Of course Mattia had complained when his dad made the seats earlier, but since there was almost 50 people attending the dinner there was nothing to do about it.

"Fiona looked happy to see you" Isla commented as she sat down next to him, making Mattia roll his eyes.

"Jealous now, are we?"

Isla shook her head slightly, even though deep down she had a feeling of jealousy.
It were quickly brushed away when she felt Mattias hand on her thigh though.

The dinner started with Maria and Luca each holding a small speech, talking about everything that had happened this year and thanking everyone for coming.

Isla tried enjoying the heavenly food but she was interrupted each moment with Fiona on the other side of the table, bragging about her very perfect life, clearly trying to impress Mattia.

"Then I got a scholarship to UCLA, so I have to choose between that and Yale" She complained as she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Waow" Mattia commented dryly before taking a sip of his drink. "That's great"

Fiona looked annoyed as none of the teens around the table seemed to care about her stories.
"What about you? What are your plans when you finish high school?" Fiona asked Isla, her brows raised.

The Brit shrugged her shoulders slight. "I haven't thought much about it"

"Of course you haven't"

"I'm sorry?" Islas eyes was wide open, surprised at how much of a bitch Fiona actually was. The anger started boiling inside of Isla, but she tried keeping it on the low-key.