036

Narrative:

The days passed on, the two teenagers keeping as much distance from they other as the could, considering they shared a room

At school they kept their distance too. No more holding hands and chatting at lunch, no more waiting for the other to do be done with practice.

They treated each other like when they had first met; like strangers.
It was weird, for both of them.
Deep down inside, they both wanted to give in and sleep in the others bed again, but it weren't that easy.

"It's your own fault" Kairi stated as he took a sip of his drink. Him, Alejandro and Mattia sat on the bleachers on this fine spring day.
Lunch break had just started, and like many others, the trio had decided to spend theirs outside in the sun.

"I knowww!" Mattia exclaimed annoyed as he threw his hands into the air. He laid down on the white bleacher, letting the sun embrace his body.

"You gotta stop being so problematic" Alejandro chimed in. "She only has a few months left here, and if you want to make it up between you two-"

"You gotta do it soon" Kairi finished off, the two, now therapists, looked proudly at each other, clearly impressed by their own advise.

One who wasn't as impressed, was the Italian laying besides them. It sure was easy for them to be wise, but they weren't in his position.
"It's just hard. Like what do I say? Hey I want us to get back together" Mattia sighed deeply, cringing at his own words. "Love sucks"

"That's your opinion"

On the other side of the pitch sat the three girls, talking about the exact same topic.
Of how Isla felt it was her fault and her two best friends trying to convince her that she couldn't have done anything.

"Patrick kissed you, remember?" Amina said as she laid a hand on the brits shoulder. "You didn't want him to and you didn't kiss him back"

"And Mattias a dick for reacting that way" Erin chimed in as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"I don't wanna talk about it alright" Isla sighed, laying down just like Mattia had done on the other side of the pitch. "Change subject, please"

"Your birthday is coming up, isn't it?" Erin asked, still chewing on her sandwich.
Isla nodded as she put on her sunglasses.

"Are you going to do something? Throw a party or something?" Amina asked as she played with a strand of hair.

"I might invite the group out for dinner. We could eat at Lucas restaurant maybe?"

Both girls faces lit up at the idea.
"Yessssss"

Isla chuckled softly, "then its settled"

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

As Isla was dropped off at home all she wanted to do was cry. She couldn't take it anymore.
She wanted Mattia badly.
And she wanted their relationship to work out.
She needed him.

The tears threatened to fall as she walked down the stairs, but seeing she wasn't alone she didn't allow them too.

No 'hi' or 'how's your day been?' was exchanged between the two, only a few looks back and forth, seeing how the other was holding up.

The rest of the Polibio family had ofcourse noticed the difficulties between Isla and Mattia, but it weren't something they spoke about.

Neither had they shared their breakup with social media, which probably was a good idea.
Mattia kept his eyes on Isla as she pulled up her MacBook, starting to do some homework.

He hated that they didn't talk.
He wanted to make everything good again, but it seemed hard when the only thing he did was screw it even more up.

The boy thought about his words before he finally broke the silence.
"I really am sorry Isla"

Her head snapped in his direction, the two locking eyes immediately.

"I'm so so sorry. I want to make it up to you, okay?" His voice was soft.
The boy waited for Islas response, for what felt like an eternity. All the way through they kept eye contact.

"Mattia I wish I could just kiss you and forget everything. But this is going to take some time" she slowly closed her computer before walking towards his bed.

"Isla we don't have time" The boy complained, "You're leaving in two months"

Isla sighed at this. She knew her time left in the u.s was running out.
"Mattia expect my answer. Healing takes time, alright?" The words hurt both of them.

None of them would've never wanted this.
"Can we just be friends then?" Mattia asked, a lump forming in his throat.
Friends.

Isla shook her head softly as she took his hand, giving it a slight squeeze. A small spread across her face.
"We're still not friends" she whispered out, referring to when the two first had met.

Mattia pulled the girl into a hug, craving her body on his, her sent and her touch.

A single tear rolled down Islas cheek as she laid her head on his shoulder.
"Acquaintances?"

"Acquaintances."

Mary's thoughts:Ha ha ha

Mary's thoughts:
Ha ha ha