039

Narrative

Isla ran down the wing, passing by the other teams defenders

It was still 0-0 with one minute left of Islas last match in a Passaic Valley High School shirt.
PVHS's student section were buzzing and Isla was only focused on one thing; the ball.

Her teammate, Olivia, passed her the ball through the box and Isla hit it perfectly, sending it into the back of the other teams net.

The students went crazy and so did her teammates; the referee blew his whistle, signalling the match was over and Isla had secured the victory.

Her teammates came screaming upon her, ended up in all the 11 girls laying in a big clump on the pitch.
After a few more minutes of celebrating their coach approached them.

"I think we all know who the match winner is today-"

The rest of the team interrupted her screaming "ISLA"

The coach nodded as she smiled towards the Brit who stood with a huge smile on her face. Tears were forming in her eyes, but she tried blinking them away.

"Thank you for being on our team this season, Armstrong. You've no doubt been our best player, and we're going to miss you the upcoming season"

That was it, the tears started streaming down Islas cheeks. Her teammates indulged her into a big group hug.
The girls stood like that for a long time, almost everyone of them shedding tears.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" Olivia cried out.
Isla smacked her arm softly, "stop saying that. I'm just gonna cry even more"

Both girls smiled through their tears, hugging yet again. Isla let go of her best soccer buddy as she saw her friends walk towards her. 

Isla jumped right into her boyfriends arms, Mattia quickly grabbing the girl.
"Baby don't cryy" He said as he felt his shirt getting wet from her tears. Isla shook her head, still hiding her face in his breast.
"It's alright. You did amazing" Mattia comforted her, stroking her back softly.

After some long moments Isla finally let go of her boyfriend, hugging the rest of her friends. Amina and Erin didn't understand much of the game, so all the way home it was mostly the boys and Isla talking about the match.

"And your goallll" Kairi exclaimed from the backseat, as Mattia started the vehicle.
Isla nodded, a smile on her face. Silent tears once again rolled down her cheeks as she saw the turf fading into the distance.

"Stop being such a crybaby. We're having a fun night" Kairi commanded as he smacked the top of her head playfully.

"Screw you Kairi"

Mattia dropped of Amina and Erin on the way home and soon it was only the four of them left in the Polibio basement.
The teenagers would spend their night eating pizza, playing fifa, make tiktoks and gossiping.
Isla didn't believe it at first, but the New Jersery trio gossiped quite a lot.