031

Narrative

Isla heard as Mattias alarm went off in the other side of the room

Isla heard as Mattias alarm went off in the other side of the room. A few groans escaped his mouth as he started to wake up.
Isla herself hadn't slept the whole night. The thoughts and scenarios kept running through her mind, keeping her awake.

No words were exchanged between the two that morning, their ride to school seemed more quiet than usual too.

"You look like a wreck" Kairi commented as the two sat down in the back of Ms. Adams class.

"Noooo" she said in a sarcastic tone. "You really think so?"

Kairi rolled his eyes at the girl. "Look I'm sorry about everything that happened between you two"

The girl a hand through her hair. "Don't be. You couldn't do anything about it"

"Facts" Kairi looked a bit around till his eyes landed on the Brazilian on the other side of the room.
Patrick.

He had his eyes locked on the pair as soon as they entered the room. Mostly on Isla and the bags under her eyes.

"Why's he staring at us?" Kairi asked, sorta freaked out. The question made Islas head snap in Patrick's direction too.
She shrugged her shoulders, not bothering much.
"Let him"

"Alright class be quiet"

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"C'mon Isla" Erin yelled impatiently from across the hallway. The bell had just rung out, signalling lunch had begun, and Erin was hangry.

"Relaxxxx" the Brit answered, walking with slow steps towards her best friend.
The pair walked into the cafeteria and sat down at their usual table.
"Are we hanging out after school or what?" Mattia asked as he sat down, next to Isla.

"Bet" Alejandro and Kairi answered in sync, waiting for the girls to reply.
"Sure. At your place?" Amina asked, receiving a nod from Mattia.

"I've got practice" Isla chimed in.
"I'll wait till you're done?" Erin asked.

"Yeah, thanks"

Isla ate the rest of her lunch in peach, too tired to participate in her friends conversations. That was until she felt a hand on her thigh.
"What do you want?" She turned her head to the right, locking eyes with Mattia instantly.

"We need to talk" He spoke lowly, clearly not wanting the others to hear.

"We did. Yesterday" Isla once again put her focus on the salad in front of her.

He rubbed his hand a bit back and forth, with Isla trying to convince herself that she didn't want his touch.

"You know what I mean"