027

Isla Armstrong woke up on Christmas morning tangled in Mattia Polibios arms

The memories from last night fled through her mind, making a huge smile appear on her face.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer"

Isla slapped his arm softly.
"Good morning to you too"

Mattia leaned in, kissing the girl when steps were heard on the stairs.
A few moments later Gianluca stood in front of them, happiness filling his face.

"MERRY CHRISTMASSS" was all he screamed before running upstairs again. The teenagers laughed at the silly 11 year old before walking upstairs too.

"Morning Ma" Mattia kissed his mother on the cheek while embracing her. "Merry Christmas"

The Polibios, and Isla, ate breakfast together before opening presents.
All the time Isla were smiling, even though it was quite weird spending the holidays with another family than her own.

From Maria and Luca she got cute bracelet with matching earrings and from Gianluca she got a nike tracksuit.

As Isla took a sip of her hot chocolate Mattia pulled her to her feet, almost making her spit out the chocolate.

"Your gift is downstairs"

The two walked down into their room where Mattia pulled out a small box. "Alright. Open it"

She took the box, which was covered in red velvet, and opened it to reveal a golden necklace with a diamond pendant.

"Mattia this is beautiful" Tears started to form in the Brits eyes. Mattia didn't say a word as he helped her put in on.

"This must've been so expensive" Isla said as she admired the diamond hanging around her neck.

Mattias hand held Islas chin up, so the two locked eyes. "Nothing is too expensive for you"

A huge smile appeared on Islas face.
How'd she get this lucky?

She leaned in and kissed the Italian softly before finding his gift. It was in a small velvet box too. A wave of nervousness hit Isla but she quickly shrugged it off as she handed him his present

"Wow" he said, admiring the black ring lying within the box. "It's perfect"

"It's the da-"

"It's the day we met" Mattias eyes were shining like never before when he grabbed the girl. The two hugged for a while before pulling away.

"Thank you, Isla"
Mattia kept looking at the ring on his finger like a girl would if she had gotten her nails done or gotten engaged, which truly amused Isla.