042.

Narrative
The song is pretty much the inspiration of this book so pls listen to it lol

The last few days passed by even quicker, Isla and her friends spending each day with each other, getting as much out of her last days in the states as possible

It was now Thursday night and Isla had just been dropped off by her two best friends, Amina and Erin. The trio have had one last girls night; laughing, crying and eating.

Mattia laid in his bed as he heard her footsteps on the stairs. He quickly sat up against his bedframe as Isla walked into the room, tears streaming down her cheeks.

She stopped in the middle of the room, just nodding to herself. "This is it" she sobbed out. "It's over, Mattia"

The Italian shook his head. "It's not over"
Isla shrugged her shoulders, still standing in the middle of their room.
Her sobs became more intense with each moment passsing.

"C'mere" Mattia opened up his arms, waiting for the girl to walk right into them. And so she did.
The two sat embracing each other for a long time, with Isla sobbing into Mattias chest and him softly stroking her back.

Suddenly she started fumbling around with the hem of his hoodie. She quickly pulled it over his head before laying him down softly on the bed.
Mattia gave her a weird look as she was undressing herself.

"One last time?"

Mattia admired her body for a few moments before nodding. "This won't be the last"

"Promise?" Isla whispered into his ear as she crawled on top of her boyfriend.

"Promise"

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"Thank you for everything, it has been amazing" Isla was once again sobbing, this time in the arms of Maria and Luca Polibio.

She then moved on to Gianluca. She messed his hair up a little before pulling him into a hug too.
"I'll see you big boy. Take care, alright?"

The boy nodded softly, trying to blink away the tears that were forming in his eyes too.

"We have to go" Mattia commented from behind them, Isla nodding understandingly.
With one last family hug she was out of the door, Mattia following right behind her.

The two drove in silence towards the airport were they would meet up with the group.

Not many words were exchanged as the eight teenagers walked towards the security, everyone being lost for words.

"This is it" The Brit whispered out, her voice breaking halfway through.
Everyone nodded while looking down. None of them wanted her to leave and saying goodbye was hard.