38

LOVE AND WAR
— 38. Fondle

FLASHBACK1467

FLASHBACK
1467

    Nora laid on her back in bed, her hands placed just under her growing belly. Edward laid on his side next to her, running his hands over her pregnant belly.

Seeing a sudden kick from the inside of Nora's belly, Edward turned to Nora in shock. "What was that!" He asked in shock, sitting up in order to look down at her belly.

"Did he..." He trailed off and Nora smiled, nodding her head.

"Yes, she did," She corrected him, smiling down at her pregnant, "She has been doing it a lot more as of late."

"Can she hear me?" Edward questioned and Nora shrugged.

Without hesitation, Edward placed his hands on her belly and leaned closer. "Hello, it's your father," He whispered at her belly, causing Nora to begin to laugh, "I cannot wait to meet you. Your brothers and your sister are waiting as well."

Just then, the baby began to kick again, causing them both to laugh. Edward looked up at Nora, almost amazed by the sight.

PRESENT TIME

"My son, do you know who your father is?" Nora asked her son in French as Edward held him while she stood beside the York king.

George giggled, looking straight toward Edward as he began to reach for his father's face.

"My God!" Edward exclaimed as Nora began to chuckle, "Only a year old and already understanding French."

"I have quite a lot of time on my hands. Teaching our children French and Latin is only the beginning of what they're able to do. Trust me," Nora explained, earning a smile from Edward.

"They are all clever, like their mother," Edward commented as Nora leaned her head against his shoulder.

"And strong, like their father," Nora added in and Edward turned to face her, kissing her softly.

Edward pulled away after a moment, walking over to his son's cradle before placing him in.

    He walked over to Nora, continuing to smile. "Now, I must return to my kingly duties, but shall I see you later, my love?" Edward jokingly asked, despite knowing the answer.

"What do you think?" Nora retorted and Edward rolled his eyes, kissing her on the cheek before walking out of the room.