59

LOVE AND WAR
— 59. A Tudor and A York

      Most of their men laid dead around the two brothers of York and Henry Tudor found himself walking through the carnage, searching for Arthur

"Arthur!" He shouted out loudly, "Come and finish this, you coward!"

    Instead of Arthur appearing before him, Thomas had, leading to Henry rolling his eyes. Thomas stared, his blue eyes filled with hatred and rage.

"Where is your brother, Thomas? I challenge him to fight in the remainder of our army's stead," Henry informed Thomas, who scoffed.

"No," He snapped at him coldly, "You've already killed the majority of our men. What would be the point?"

Henry stared at the younger man closely. He didn't want to snap at him, only to notice how his own men stared at him.

He sighed in defeat, turning his attention back toward Thomas with an amused look on his face. "Why is the little dog barking?" He asked in a sarcastic tone, beginning to glance around as he shouted, "Where be the big dog! Or is he too much a coward to come face me himself that he sends his little brother?"

  At that moment, Arthur pushed through the crowd, revealing himself to be wearing his helmet that had a crown placed upon it.

"He's here and he believes you mix him up with yourself," Arthur spoke to him in a calm tone, "We were friends, Henry. Why ruin that now?"

Henry glanced around anxiously, revealing that all eyes were on him. He forced himself to remain confident as he turned to look back at Arthur, a threatening look on his face. "You are a York, I am a Tudor. We could never be truly friends."

FLASHBACK
SIXTEEN YEARS PRIOR

At Pembroke Castle, Henry and Arthur stood outside together, throwing rocks into the well in front of them. "Maybe your uncle will let you live with us, Henry," Arthur informed his friend, a large smile on his face as he turned to look at his friend.

"Of course he won't. My mother would never allow it and my uncle does everything she tells him to," Henry complained, a part of him actually wanting to stay with Arthur and his family instead of being forced to run once more.

"My Father is the King. If he says it's alright, they will be forced to agree. We are friends. I don't want to be parted from you," Arthur explained, a saddened look on his face.

"We are more than friends. We are family," Henry corrected with a smile on his face.

"We are," Arthur confirmed, smiling back at his friend.

"Perhaps one day, we'll be brothers if I were to marry Lizbeth," Henry reminded Arthur and instead of him being unhappy by the thought of Henry marrying his little sister, Arthur seemed happy about the suggestion.