{Twenty-five}

*few months later*

CORBYN

We were at home and the kids were at school. It's now winter and Cherries birthday is today. We decided we wanted to take her ice skating because shes always wanted to.

I looked at Daniel and the kids got home. "So Cherrie. We need you to put on this blindfold" she put her stuff down and put it on.

We went to the car and we got in and drove off. We got there and we took her over and she took it off. She was surprised and happy. "Awwww" we went over. We put the ice skates on. We went down and skated.

DANIEL

We were having fun when all of a sudden. I saw the ice cracking underneath Kyle.

I skated over and pushed him out of the way. I fell into the water and they all came over. "Mom!" Corbyn helped me out and I started coughing.

"Kids go to the car" they went to the car and Corbyn held me. "Shh. It's ok. We are going to go home and you're going to take a warm shower ok" I couldnt speak.

"Did you get any in your mouth?" I shook my head yes. "We need to get you home now" he picked me up and went to the car. He put me in and he put his other shoes on and got in.

"Mom you ok?" "He cant talk. He got some in his mouth" "oh no" he drove off. I coughed up some water and leaned forward. He put his hand on my back.

"We're almost home sweetie. Almost" we got home. The kids went into the house and Corbyn picked me up in bridal style.

We went inside and he brought me upstairs.

CORBYN

"Hey Cherrie. Can you get me some warm water?!" I yelled from upstairs. "Yep" she said. She came upstairs with some warm water.

Daniel drank it. "Any better" he shook his head no. "Well maybe you should take your shower and from time to time you drink some warm water"

"Maybe it will be better in the morning" he put it on the desk. He went into the bathroom and shut the door. I put my head in my hands. "Dad" Cherrie said.

"Its all my fault. I shouldn't have decided to do this" "dad. He will feel better" "but if it doesn't. Then he wont ever be able to talk"

She sighed and Kyle walked in. "Its my fault. I didnt move and mom pushed me out of the way and then fell in"

"But he saved your life. If it weren't for him you would be in this situation." "Its not anyone's fault. Just like dad said. If it wasnt for mom. You would be in this situation"

"He sacrificed himself and knew this would happen and pushed you out of the way" "yea. I feel bad though" we heard the water start in the bathroom and I sighed.

DANIEL

I heard the whole thing out there. They are so sweet. I started the water and got in. I took a warm shower and then got out and dried off.

I put my clothes on and fixed my hair. I walked out to see only Corbyn. He looked worried and upset. I sat next to him and put my arms around him. "I'm sorry honey" he said in my shoulder.

I sighed and Kyle came in and gave me some water. I drank it. I felt my throat getting better. We watched some movies and I would drink my water from time to time.

We then laid down. I drank some water before laying down and I fell asleep in Corbyns arms.

*next day*

CORBYN

I woke up with Daniel in my arms. I got up and got ready. I went downstairs and made breakfast.

The kids walked down and they waited in the kitchen. I put the pancakes on the plates. I put the plates on the table and Daniel came in. I smiled and pecked his lips.

"Morning sweetie" I whispered in his ear. "Morning" he said. I smiled. "Finally" I hugged him. "What? Oh yeah" "I missed your voice"

"It was only gone for a few hours" "I know but I missed it" "awwww dad" the kids said and I smiled.

*few hours later*

DANIEL

We were waiting for the kids to get home and they walked in. "I cant tell mom and dad" Cherrie said. "Cant tell us what?" Corbyn asked. "Uhhh" I was confused.

"Nothing" "Cherrie" "um. Fine" she sat next to me and Kyle sat next to Corbyn. "Soo?" Corbyn asked. "Please dont get mad at me" "we wont" "ok. I..."

Cliffhanger. Sorry everyone. I had to do it. Anyways. Bye guys. Love u all ❤