{Twenty-nine}

*few years later*

CORBYN

Our kids are out of school and they moved out. Me and Daniel are the only ones in the house now and we were sitting on the couch.

I looked at him and wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer. We cuddled while we watched movies and I kissed his head. We heard a knock. I got up and went over.

I opened it and saw a box. I picked it up and closed the door. I sat down and opened it. I saw a note. I grabbed it and read it. "Get mom safe" it was from Cherrie and Kyle.

I put it down and grabbed Daniel's hand. I dragged him upstairs and we went to the bedroom. I closed the door and locked it.

I shut the window and locked it and covered it with the blinds. I saw Daniel confused and walked to him and hugged him.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Cherrie and Kyle sent us something. It said keep you safe" he looked at me worried.

"I dont know why but I dont want you to get hurt" he put his head in my chest. We heard a gunshot.

DANIEL

I was scared. Someone came running upstairs and hit our door. I gripped Corbyns shirt. "Shh. Its ok" I calmed down and then there was another gunshot. They opened the door.

"Its James" my eyes widened. "Let him go!" James yelled. "No! He's my husband! Go away!" Corbyn put me behind him. "Go in the bathroom and call the cops" he told me and I ran into the bathroom.

I locked the door and called the cops. I heard them yelling. "911. What's your emergency?" "My ex is here and he has a gun" I told them my address.

"Police are on their way" they hung up and I heard more yelling. Then a gunshot. I got scared and heard another gunshot. James walked in. I got up and he ran to me. I ran out of the bathroom and shut the door.

I grabbed a chair from the side and put it under the handle. I turned to run and then I saw Corbyn on the floor. He was in a pool of blood. I ran to him and cried in his chest. "Dont leave me" I said crying.

The police came in. They got James and took him away. They took Corbyn. "Only family" "he's my husband" I went in the ambulance.

I held Corbyns hand and cried. A police officer rubbed my back. It was a women. "Its ok. He'll make it" she continued to rub my back. We then got to the hospital and they took Corbyn.

*some time later*

CORBYN

I woke up in the hospital and I heard crying. I looked and saw Cherrie and Kyle. "Dad" Cherrie hugged me. "Hi Cherrie" she pulled away and the doctor came in.

"You can go" they left the room. I got up and put my shirt on. I left the room and we went home. "Wheres mom?" I asked. "He's with us" Cherrie said in the back seat.

"And it's his birthday" I smiled. My husband is 34. "Man it's been a day and it feels like years since I've seen him" I said. "Dad" Cherrie said. "Mhm" I said. "You've been in a coma for 9 months" I was surprised.

"What? Really?" I asked. "Yes" Kyle said. I sighed and we got there. They went in and Cherrie came out and told me to come in. I went in and they brought me upstairs.

*few hours later*

DANIEL

We celebrated my 34th birthday. I opened all my presents and got shirts. "Mom. We have one more present for you" Cherrie said.

"Ok" Cherrie texted someone and I heard a door close upstairs. Kyle put a blindfold on me and I heard someone coming downstairs.

I was so confused. "Ok take it off" Cherrie said. I took the blindfold off slowly. I looked and saw Corbyn. I was surprised and then I started crying.

I ran to him and hugged him and he kissed my head. "Hi darling" he whispered and I cried in his chest.

He rubbed my back. "Awww" The kids said.

*few hours later*

We went home. We cuddled. I then fell asleep.

That's it for this chapter. Bye guys