CHAPTER 4

Chapter 4: The Biological Mother

JISOO'S POV

"Hello?!" I heard a woman's voice over the phone; I furrow my eyebrows then remove my cell phone off my ear and stare at the screen

Did I dial the correct number?

I saw my daughter's name on the phone 'My Ella' so I know I dialed the correct number then I places back the phone on my ear again.

"Hello?! Is there someone there? I can hear you breathing!" the woman said again, her voice sounds familiar to me, I know I hear this voice somewhere before.

Come on speak up!

"Okay if you don't want to speak then I'm going to hang up! Don't you dare call my daughter again you dick!" my heart starts to beat faster not because of the word dick, it's because she said 'her daughter'.

Who would someone call my daughter 'her daughter unless she's with... she's with...

'Come on Jisoo, whatever you're thinking is impossible.' I whispered to myself and stare at my phone a little longer. I didn't realize that Soojoo enters my hotel room and she's holding a bag with our food.

"Hey you okay?" I think she notices the look on my face, I was supposed to say yes but my mind betrays me "No." and I look at her.

I decided not to answer Soojoo yet and click the web browser on my phone. To be honest, I don't know where my ex-wife  is nowadays and to be clear, she's not my ex, we're still married but I rather call her that name than saying her name.

The last thing I know is she's still in Atlanta pursuing her career. I feel my chest tightens but I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. I'm always like this every time I think about her. The google page loads on my phone but I can't seem to type her name, all I want to know is her current location. I've been with her for 3 years so there's no way I'll forget her voice.

"Sooya? Is everything alright?" I forgot about Soojoo, I look at her and nod my head but she didn't buy it.

"Tell me what's wrong?" she asks "I called Ella a while ago to, you know ask her how is she..."

"And then?"

"I was expecting for Ella to answer her phone but to my surprise someone else did. A woman answered her phone."

"A woman?" I nodded my head at her "Maybe it's one of their Camp Directors. I know that they are not supposed to use any phone while they are at camp right?"

"Well maybe." I look at her and she's looking at me too, I don't know but I'm starting to freak out here "Come on, tell me what's really bothering you."