CHAPTER 21

Chapter 21: The hardest decision

JISOO'S POV

When Yeri and I reach the floor and walk towards Jennie's penthouse, I told her that I'll wait outside while she checks if Jennie is sleeping. It's not that I don't want her to know that I'm here but it'll just complicate things between me and her because of the divorce.

I look at my watch and wonder why she hasn't returned yet.

Did she forget that I'm waiting outside the door?

I was about to turn the knob when the door opens and I saw Ella smiling at me, she run towards me and give me a hug "Hey sweetheart, I miss you." I said.

"I miss yah too mom but come inside because Aunt Yeri needs your help with momma." She said and pulls my hands as we went inside the house. We walk towards the living room and saw Yeri going out of Jennie's room.

"What's wrong?" I asked and quickly went to Jennie's side "I think she's getting worst." Yeri answered me. I look at Jennie and saw that she's shivering. I place my hand on her forehead as I begin to worry.

"Ella can you get me the thermometer please." I told my daughter without looking at her "Sure mom." She answered and run off somewhere. I'm removing my jacket and place it on the single couch on the side.

"When was the last time you guys give her medicine?" I ask "Oh before they left, Chae give her one."

"So I can't give her another one. There should be an interval of 4 hours for giving a medicine."

"So what should we do? Do we need to bring her at the hospital?" I didn't answer Yeri at first when Ella gives me the thermometer, I was about to put it in her mouth when I stop myself from doing it.

I don't want her to know that I'm here but what the heck.

"Jen? Sweetie, can you hear me?" I asks her but all she gives me is a moan "Is she thinking about se-"

"Don't start with me Yeri." I warned her, she raises both of her hands and sit beside Ella "Jennie, I need to check your temperature okay?"

She didn't respond but she furrows her eyebrows. I gently squeeze her cheeks using my left hand so I can open her mouth and put the thermometer inside.

"Her fever needs to subside. Can you get me a sponge and cold water please?" I told Yeri "Ice cold?" she asks.

"No, if you have water in your fridge that'll do it and oh mix a little amount of tap water."

"Aye aye captain, anything else?"

"Oh also a dry towel and some clothes for her to change." Yeri gives me a salute, she told Ella to get her momma some clothes while she gets the sponge and water I need for a sponge bath.

In a matter of minutes, the two returned with the things I need. We hear the thermometer beeps and makes me worry more when it reaches 102.2°F.

"I need to cool down her body before the fever escalates more." I said without looking at the two. Yeri and Ella watch me do my thing. When I look at the two, I saw Ella smiling at me, I smiled back and even winks at my daughter and makes her laugh.