CHAPTER 18

Chapter 18: A Little Too Late?

Jennie is still hugging the person she saw standing behind Lisa. The brunette is afraid that if she broke the hug, the person she loves will fade away, so she thinks if she's dreaming, she doesn't want to wake up anymore.

But then she hears Chaeyoung's voice "Jennie? What's wrong?"

The DJ then broke the hug and look at her then to Lisa and Soojoo who are giving her weird look. She then looks at Jisoo looking at her too.

Am I the only one seeing her? Does it mean that she's really dead?

It may look weird but she poke Jisoo's right cheek to see if she's real then look back again at the three girls "Please tell me you're seeing her?"

"Jennie what are you—" Jennie cuts off Soojoo "Just please answer my question!"

"Of course we see her, what is wrong with you?" Lisa asks her. Chaeyoung walk towards their friend, held her hand and pulls her towards the sofa but Jennei stops her and looks at Jisoo.

"Can you stay by my side please." Before the redhead says anything, she looks at Lisa and Soojoo first who both nodded their heads at her "Uhm sure." Jisoo answered.

The five girls went to the living room and let Jennie sits on the sofa while Jisoo sits beside her but maintain a distance from the DJ which the latter notice. The lawyer places the cup she's holding on the table and looks at her.

She saw the sadness, hurt, pain, confusion on Jennie's beautiful blue eyes.

"W-where's Ella?" Jennie asks her wife "She's with Seulgi and Joy in one of Chaeyoung's condominium. I just came here to get our things." The redhead answered.

"What? Why?" the brunette looks at her friends, Lisa is the only one looking at her "You want us to go back to Atlanta right then me and your- me and Ella are going back tomorrow."

"Jisoo, I d-didn't mean to- I'm sorry."

"Yeah I know, you're always sorry Jennie."

"Just please give me one last chance Jisoo, I'm begging you." The redhead looks at Jennie and saw tears in her eyes but she knows what she really wants for now.

"I want to but I can't anymore." She answered, Jisoo then stands up but Jennie follows her, the other three girls are just watching and listening to both of them. The two went inside Ella's room and Jisoo starts to pack her daughter's things.

"Don't leave Jisoo, let me explain first." Jennie said "You can explain while I'm packing." Jisoo answered in a cold tone.

"I'm just stressed that's all; there are a lot of things going in my mind that time. I just don't know what to do."

"We're all stressed Jennie, you're not the only one who has a lot of thinking to do." Jisoo stops on what she's doing and looks at her "We've been through this and you know that. You keep on pushing me away."

"That's why I'm asking you for one last chance. I want to make things right again. I had this dream and I think it's a warning what I'm going to lose if I continue on being like this and-"She stops when she hears Jisoo scoffs.

"You want to make things right again because you had a dream of losing me and Ella?" Jisoo asks her which makes Jennie nod her head "But if you haven't dreamed of that, do you still want to make things right huh?"

Jennie opens her mouth but no words came out. She was caught off guard by Jisoo's question. What if she didn't dream of losing them? Will she still be willing to fight for her family or let them go and go on with the life she has before Ella showed up.