CHAPTER 16

Chapter 16: Regrets and Goodbyes Part 2

"We found your wife but she didn't make it."

Lisa picks up her phone that Jennie dropped on the ground. She places it on her ear to see if the person on the other line is still there.

"Ms. Kim? Are you still there?"  Lisa hears and looks at Jennie "Uhm I'm her friend,  Lalisa Manoban. How's Jisoo?" she asks but she already knows the answer based on how Jennie reacted.

"Sorry Ms. Manoban but we have a policy to talk to family members or relatives of the person—"

"We're the only family she has and I do have the right to know what happened to her!" Lisa yelled, Chaaeyoung went to her side and took the phone, she place it on speaker mode so they can hear whatever the person on the other line will say.

"You can talk now, Ms. Kim is listening." Chaeyoung said and looks at the brunette whose tears are falling freely on her eyes "We're sorry to inform you that your wife didn't make it. We're very sorry Ms. Kim."

Jennie looks at the phone and then looks at her friends, she know that she needed to speak "M-maybe you've mistaken her for another person. S-she's not dead." She said.

"We found her cell phone and wallet inside the car, the paramedics and fire fighters tried to save her but they were too late."

The girls didn't say a word, Lisa cries, Soojoo slumps her body on the couch, Chaeyoung bit her lip to stop herself from crying and Jennie... she's trying her best not to breakdown and still hoping that it's not her wife.

"This can't be. She can't be d-dead. She can't leave me just like that!" Jennie started to panic and grabs the phone on Chaeyoung's hand "Did she rent a car or she borrowed one of your cars?" Jennie asks the girls.

"I offered her to use mine." Chaeyoung answered "Uhm hello? Did the paramedics tell you what type of vehicle she was in?"

"No Ms. Kim." The girl answered "Is there any possibilities that you can check it?"

"I'm sorry Miss but we don't have any capabilities to do that. We only accept the patients with limited information from the paramedics and the police handle the rest for us."

"It's impossible that you don't know it! For Christ sake can you be more helpful for us?!" Jennie shouted "Let me do the talking okay?" Chaeyoung said to her.

Jennie nods her head and sits on the bed. She looks at Lisa and Soojoo hugging each other "I'm sorry Lili." Jennie said to her but the taller brunette just look at her and hug Soojoo tight.

Chaeyoung ends the call after having a debate with the girl on the line. The latter told her that they need to go to the hospital and identify Jisoo's body.

"Jennie." Chaeyoungp says "How will I tell it to her Chae?" Jennie asks her pertaining to Ella who is at her penthouse with Joy and Seulgi. Yeri went to the site after they heard the news and hasn't contacted them since she left.

Jennie wipes her tears that keeps on flowing "How will I tell my daughter that her mother is dead because of me?" she asked in a defeated tone.