Chapter 8: Regret

My chest immediately heaved up and I bit on my lower lip. My mind went completely blank, how should I react? What should I say? How should I behave? What's the royal protocol for such an encounter?

Questions started floating around in my head while I was panicking and not even daring to turn around and meet the man of such an aura and presence.

"When the King is talking you have to face, don't you know that?" His deep voice made me flinch and the heat rush through my body once again. I could feel him stepping closer while my back was still facing him but his aura surrounded my body immediately. What on earth is he doing here?

I gulped and gathered all my courage and dared to turn around but I gasped when I realized that he was standing way closer that I had imagined it. His scent immediately filled my nose, his height was towering me with such an dominance that I was afraid I could stumble down at how he made my knees tremble by just standing in front of me.

I held my breath when I lifted my head and met his eyes again. All the emotions I felt earlier in the hall came back in a matter of second. It felt familiar and yet so foreign. I was a Traveller without a destination but yet meeting his eyes felt like coming home to a place I never knew could make me feel this way.

"I said look at me but not stare at me, Darling" My eyes widened and a little smirk appeared on his scarlet lips while his eyes started sparkling dangerously when he lifted his chin and lightly arched an eyebrow.

"I-I'm sorry your majesty, I was just searching for something to pass the time with while waiting for the Princess" I sounded so nervous that I was internally face palming myself. This was so embarrassing!

His eyes darkened while he slowly lowered his chin while my chest was heaving up and down as if just ran a marathon. A sudden familiar voice made me flinch and step back, breaking the magical spell he had casted over me while gulping and trying to calm down.

"Oraboni you are here?"

As far as I could remember this was the younger brother of the King named Jungkook who just had stepped inside the room while breathing heavily.

His forehead was covered in sweat and his body looked tensed as he was trying to catch his breath. He confusedly looked back and forth between the King and I, making me uneasily bite on my lip.

"What is it Jungkook?" His deep voice sounded worried but I could still hear the cold tone of his voice as he spoke.

"The Wangs will arrive tomorrow. Prince Byungsu wants to spend more time with Jugyeong Noona before the wedding" He said breathlessly while pushing his wet strands back and reveal his dark eyebrows.

I dared to glance at the alluring man in front of me who furrowed his eyebrows at his younger brother. His eyes darkened and a fire full of anger ignited inside his iris as I was staring at him in awe. I could literally slap myself right now for being so drawn to a man who looked like he straight jumped out of a royal fairytale.

"Send the Wangs my greetings and add that it's my pleasure to spend more time with Prince Byungsu but he will not meet Jugyeong until the Wedding takes place. Zounderkite!" He said through clenched teeth and I bit on my lower lip.

I shook my head in disappointment while recalling The Princess's sad eyes. Even though I just met her I couldn't keep quiet, this was so cruel and so heartless. No matter how much I was drawn to this man, he had a heart of stone and wasn't even sparing his own sister. How could he do that?

"What's the difference? You nonetheless are selling her  to him soon" My eyes widened when I realized what I just had done and my head started spinning. I immediately regretted everything I just said when he slowly turned his neck and glared at me as if he was ready to burn me down on the spot.

"What did you useless maid just say?" He tilted his head to the side while angrily staring at me and making me look so little in front of his younger brother.

"I-I.." I started but I couldn't finish my sentence while panicking.

"Namjoon!" He screamed and made me flinch at the sound of his loud scream.

A tall blonde haired guy ran into Jugyeong's chamber as soon as he called him.

"Your majesty, you have summoned me" He bowed respectfully at him before lifting his eyes

"Take her to the courtesans! Where she can use that useless mouth of hers beneficial" He spitted out while my body started trembling in fear.

He approached me dangerously while clenching his jaw. I could feel the tears of fear filling my eyes while I looking at him in disappointment.

"And now watch me how I sell your body Darling. That will teach you how to speak to your King and make you understand the meaning of selling. NOW TAKE HER!" He screamed at me while not taking his eyes off me as the tall guy approached me.

"You're pitiful!" I screamed at him, I reacted out of fear but just when I thought he would get even angrier he lifted the corner of his lips before turning around leaving the chamber. Just like that, he left.

"Please don't!" I begged while a hot tear escaped my eyes but the guard remained expressionless while pushing me out of the room.