Chapter 47: Burned Roses

"Fire under the red sunA blue flower burningI'm here to play hard to getSharp claws are revealedWounds burning upFootsteps lingering beside my crown"

"Fireunderthe red sun
Ablue flower burning
I'm here to playhard to get
Sharp claws are revealed
Wounds burning up
Footsteps lingering besidemycrown"

-Lion by (G)I-dle

Third person's POV

Taehyung's eyes shifted to her long and dark luscious hair he used to see moving in the motions of the wind. Her long eyelashes framing her doe eyes, her flushed cheeks and full lip which were slightly parted as she was breathing peacefully.

He saw them all.

It all started when this unknown young woman started calling his name in a way no one else ever did before. A singing enchantress, a siren trying to lure him into this haunting spell of nightmares he couldn't escape from. Her long hair moving in the late summer breeze, her delight laughter filling his ear, and those eyes, those damn eyes he couldn't run away from.

Taehyung ran a hand through his dark hair before grabbing the wheel and leaning his head against the headrest of his car while you were sleeping peacefully.

The siren of his nightmares.

He worriedly looked at your drenched blue dress, resembling the depths of the ocean while covering your small body and bringing his imaginations about the siren of his dreams to alive. Taehyung didn't want to wake you up from the peaceful sleep you were deeply diving into but as much as he wanted you to sleep, he couldn't let you catch a cold.

He could tell you were broken, he saw your wounds but you didn't saw his...you were overlooking them while trying to search for something he wasn't sure of.

He sighed and grabbed his dried jacket from the backseats and placed it carefully over your body before leaning against the wheel and resting his head on his arms on to watch you silently.

This was all he could do, silently watching you from a distance. Something was holding him back from getting any closer to you, a barrier, an urge to keep you safe and protected because he saw the pain in your eyes. Your body was here but your mind wasn't. You weren't trying to lure him, you were as lost as he was, yet there was a comfort in the ache of his chest.

Who are you really?

Y/n's POV

A pain in my head made me slowly fluttering my eyes open. I clenched the sides of my head while opening my eyes and staring around to realize where I was until it slowly started hitting me.

Silence, there was silence except for the pain in my head, my chest felt less heavy and I could finally breathe the ache in my chest away.