Chapter 43: Secrets

"A roof full of stars
The same way to paradise...
You and I and the love without fear

It's raining...
Raining..."

Y/n's POV

My eyes have gotten heavier from staring at him the whole time, I was afraid to never get the opportunity to look at him for so long again, to listen to my fast heartbeats caused by him.

The sky has gotten dark but we still haven't reached the villa yet.

"Doesn't your legs hurt?" I asked after seeing the sweat running down his temple.

He turned his neck and looked at me quiet taken aback, my heart skipped a beat when he looked at me a little longer as if he was searching for something, I gulped when he shook his head.

"I've promised to bring you safe back to the villa" I gulped and tried to control my feelings while looking at his perfect side profile.

"You riding the horse wouldn't put me in danger Taehyung, I would still be safe."
I sighed at his stubborn nature because it was obvious that he wasn't feeling good.

"I won't trust you on horses anymore" My eyes widened and I lifted my head "Yah! I've been taught how to ride" I bit on my lips to hold back my chuckle.

"Yeah I can tell he was busy teaching you other things." I gasped outraged as my eyes widened.

"Don't you dare talking like this about him" He tilted his head when he noticed the change of my tone.

"Why is that?" He arched an eyebrow while lowering his eyes at me, I gulped, why was everything so difficult?

"Because he was someone I cherished..with everything I had" I answered while leaning my head against the horse's fur again as my heart sank and I stared at his side profile trying to ignore the clenching of my heart.

He didn't answer anymore but I saw him frowning for a second before continuing to put his expressionless mask back on his face.

I sighed and listened to their steps and the sound of the field's rustling when the breeze blew through them and revealed every time a bit of Taehyung's forehead.

"You couldn't make it to your invitation because of me" I decided to touch on that topic to see how reacts or if he reacts at all.

When did he met her? How did they end up together? I couldn't get rid of these questions in my head I knew they wouldn't leave my mind anytime soon.

"I wasn't in the mood for it anyway" He answered simply, my heart skipped a little beat but when I lifted my eyes to look at him the blood in my veins froze.

"You're sweating Taehyung!"

"You've never seen a guy sweat?" His lips escaped a deep laugh and I rolled with my eyes at him.

"You're exhausted I can tell, let's stop for awhile"

"It's fine Y/n"

"No it's not! Stop the horses"

"I said stop!" He clenched his jaw and stopped walking but the red shade on his cheeks and the sweat on his forehead were making me uneasy, he wasn't feeling well.

I quickly sat up when he stopped the horses and swinged my legs to the other side to climb down the horse when I suddenly felt his hands on my torso to help me down.

"I still don't trust you with horses" he said teasingly and I squinted my eyes him while my heart was accelerating as I was searching for a place to sit down but there was only the fields to be seen.