Chapter 49: The Last color

"Maybe,
we just found forever
at the wrong time,
and, someday,
time will pull us back
together again."

I took a step forward, feeling the sharp edges of the rocks digging into my my bare feet, chest rising and falling at the dark view of the cliff blooming in the gaze of the starry night

I followed Taehyung like a lost breeze to the swing of heaven, he didn't say much when his eyes captured mine, a glance into his eyes was enough to know what he wants from me.

My eyes fixated on the swing in front of me which was placed at the edge of the cliff, the blue fabrics dancing in the wind, calling me by the hymn of the time.

A strong breeze blew against my hair and dress, pulling my attention towards the engraving on the ground, shining brightly in the moonlit night.

"Only who dares to face hell will find their dreams on their way to the sky of heaven"

A shiver ran down my spine while feeling his strong presence right behind me, he wasn't even touching me yet his dominant aura was enough to make me shudder. My heart skipped a beat, sweat started running down my neck while gulping at the loud thuds of my heart.
The last time we were at this swing I didn't dare to face hell, because I was afraid, afraid that hell wouldn't let me find him, find my home, my heaven, him.

I took a step forward, the little edges were digging into my feet, although I could almost feel blood oozing out of the wounds I couldn't care less about the pain as I was gazing at the swing in front of me in the fresh breeze of the night.

The blue fabrics on the swing were carelessly dancing along the waves of the sharp breeze, I hesitantly ran my hand through the silky fabric of our memories before catching the red color hidden behind the blue shades. My eyes widened at the color of the fabric I was holding in my hand while my heart started racing, last time the swing was only decorated with fabrics in different blue shades. I wrapped my trembling fingers around the red fabric and shut my eyes.

The hymn of our memories,

I could hear it

My lips escaped a shaky whimper when my eyes fell on the dark cliff, leading to the unknown. I sniffled while taking a last glance at the red fabric in my hand, my chest heaved up, my throat was dry when I tried to gulp down the lump in my throat. I let the red fabric go and watched it as it started melting with the blue shades.

A delightful yet so forbidden sight

With shaking hands I grabbed onto the rope attached to the left side of the swing and slowly started walked around it while sweat rolls were running down my chest, my head was burning and my throat was itching. I hesitantly turned around and with all my strength I pulled myself up on the swing, not realizing how a tear had escaped my burning eyes.