Chapter 23: Butterflies at Dusk

The bright sun tingled my face when I slowly opened my heavy eyes. I stretched my arms out but my eyes widened when I saw his warm chocolate eyes looking softly at me while a smile lingered on his heart shaped lips. His palm was resting against his temple while his elbow was placed on the bed as his eyes were teasingly looking at me.

I quickly grabbed the white bed sheets and covered my body in embarrassment while feeling the heat rush to my cheeks.

"I have already seen everything Darling, you don't need to hide that beautiful body from me, it's already mine" A deep chuckle escaped his lips making me lift my head und look at his smiling face that made the butterflies in my stomach go all crazy. I could still feel every magical touch of him on my body, every kiss and every soft word he whispered into my ear to relieve my pain.

After our in sweat drenched bodies collapsed onto each other, he pulled me into his warm embrace, caressing my hair while placing plenty kisses on my cheeks, making me chuckle while hiding inside his hard chest.

We both knew there was so much to talk about, so much pain that was still lingering inside of our chests as the clock was ticking and stormy nights were slowly approaching the wide sky above the Kim Kingdom.

"I can almost hear you thinking and thinking" His deep voice sounded, making me lift my gleamy eyes and meet his soft and worried brown eyes.

"We can't run away from the reality Taehyung" I gulped while feeling the unbearable pain of yesterday increasing in my chest.

"We'll not run away from anything Y/N, all I need is your trust and your faith in the promise I have made to you." His slender fingers pushed a strand away from my face while looking deeply into my eyes.

"I trust you blindly Taehyung, I really do, but no matter how ridiculous this might sound, I'm scared of the future" I whispered against his chest.

He pulled me closer towards his warm and shirtless body I gulped uneasily because I still couldn't get used to the dangerous view in front of me. "I'm sorry Taehyung" I whispered inside his chest before slowly lifting my eyes and meeting his sparkling brown eyes.

"For screaming my name so loud last night?" He chuckled deeply which made me slap his chest playfully. He was trying to lift the tensed situation while his eyes were showing the contrary, he was as worried as I was.

"For not telling you the truth sooner. I know how you feel right know and maybe that's why I was hiding it from you, to dream only for one more day before telling you the truth." I blinked while sighing.

"I want to understand you Y/N and everything you have explained to me but that takes time." I bit my lips and gulped while nodding at him.

A heavy silence filled the majestic room before I asked the question that was burning on my tongue since last night.

"If I belong to you does that mean you belong to me as well?" I grinned while biting on my lower lip. This is The King you're talking to Y/N.

"You have painted me with your colors Darling, I am all yours" He whispered against my lips before capturing his warm lips with mine and pulling me on top of him while pushing the strands out of my face, kissing me slowly but with a fire that burned down every cell of my body for him.

} The King had sensed it from the very beginning, in the way she talked, the unfamiliar words she used, the way she behaved and in the little knowledge she had about the castle. He knew she was from somewhere far away, but that was exactly the reason why she awoke his curiosity towards her. The way her lips parted in awe when she stared at the canvas in the hall of paintings, the way her chest rose and her eyes widened when she was standing in front of the painting, all of this was difficult for the king to understand but now it slowly started to make sense.
Her sudden headache and the unbearable pain in her temples when she stood in front of the waterfall and the way she called out her grandfather made the King feel uneasy but he started to put the missing pieces of this mystery together while the memories of the past started rushing by in front of his eyes. She had travelled 200 years back in time.. {