Chapter 15: Bathed in Blood

"Falling for someone you know you shouldn't..
Trying to fight the feelings but just couldn't..
Falling deeper in each passing day..
Hiding it in every possible way.."

My head was throbbing and the pain on my back got worse the second I moved my body.
I opened my heavy eyes, blinked a few times to get adjust to the bright room while clutching the sides of my head. The room was lit brightly, the sun was shining in through the big windows and filling the room with it's warmth while I was turning and whimpering in pain.

"Do you feel better?" I turned my head to the side and saw Jugyeong worriedly looking at me while sitting next to me on the bed before she placed the back of her cold hand on my forehead. I flinched and shut my eyes.

"I'm fine" I pressed out at shut my eyes when my throat started aching.

She shook her head "You are anything but fine."

"After seeing how Taehyung carried your wounded unconscious body through the castle I got so worried about you. These useless guards!"

My heart skipped a beat when I heard what Jugyeong just said to me. Imagining him carrying me through the castle with his strong arms around my body made the heat rise in my cheeks. I couldn't help but bite my lips to hide my smile from her.

"Speaking of the King, there he is" She suddenly whispered with a grin on her face while glancing at the other side of her chamber.

I flinched and whimpered in pain at my sudden movement but followed her gaze to were she was smiling at and gulped when I saw him standing there so effortlessly handsome and remembering all the little moments we shared on the training area.

"The king himself" I whispered to myself while staring at him, dreamy and yet in disbelief.

Jugyeong's eyes met his and with a nod in his direction and a supporting smile to me she stood up and left the chamber and the maids started following her, leaving me alone with him.

To respect The King I tried to sit up, giving my best to ignore the sharp pain on my back while he made his way to me. I sat up before he joined me and sat in front of me on the bed. His scent filled the entire room when he stepped in, numbing all of my senses.

I lifted my head and met his eyes, my heart started racing again before trying to bow at him but he immediately stopped me and when I looked up he shook his head. A slight tint of worry was making it's way to his eyes but his face remained serious.

"Your wound must be deep. Let me see it" His deep voice suddenly sounded softer than I had in mind. I breathed out without moving an inch.

His dark eyes never left mine when his warm and slender fingers stroke over the skin of my back, slowly removing the thin fabric laying on my shoulders and covering the wound. He pushed the fabric aside and let it fall down my arms, revealing my bare skin and the burning wound on my back. I winced and my chest started rising and falling when he moved closer to me, to take a closer look at the wound.

I shuddered when all of a sudden felt a cold breeze blew over my wound, coming from the king's lips. I immediately shut my eyes and clenched the fabric of my dress in my hands.

"S-Stop" I whimpered.

My heart was racing like crazy, I was feeling warm and cold at the same time and when he stopped blowing on my wound I could feel the pain immediately returning the moment he pulled back.

But suddenly I felt his lips next to my ear, his body even closer to me than before, closing every gap between us.

"Sshh" His deep and husky voice sounded right next to my ear and when his hot breath hit against my bare neck my skin started tingling. I slightly tilted my head to the side while my chest was heaving up and down.

He pulled away and locked his intense eyes with mine and I almost forgot the pain on my back while looking at him.

"I'm ready to break each of my servants hands but here I am seeing you as a moon painted in color and I can't look away anymore" His voice wasn't louder than a whisper, but loud enough to echo through my whole skull as his warm breath stroke against my pulsing lips.

His intense gaze captured my lips and then he let his eyes travel back to my eyes while I was shivering in front of him while holding onto the fabric in my hand.

"And I want this beautiful moon to paint it's colors across my sky, spread them like a wildfire through my bones and hurt me as much as this wound is hurting you Y/N"

He whispered against my lips before glancing at me with deeply concerned brown eyes as I was staring at him in disbelief and when I suddenly winced in pain due to the windows clashing open and the breeze hitting against my hair which stroke over my wound before he all of a sudden moved in closer and captured his lips with mine.

My eyes shot open and I fell against his chest when my pain and the taste of his lips mixed with one another and let my heart explode by feeling his soft and warm scarlet lips on mine. I have always wondered how they would feel or taste like and I couldn't believe that it was beyond all my imaginations.

I slowly shut my eyes and lost myself in his kiss, feeling how my pain slowly started disappearing the longer his lips were on mine. He traced his index up my arm, making goosebumps rise upon my skin along his way. His slender finger traced my skin up until he reached my face and cupped it with both of his hands and gently deepening the kiss and numbing my pain and worries.

I stopped paying attention to the racing beats of my heart nor the fact that this was The King of a whole nation kissing me. I just stopped thinking and started feeling everything he wanted me to feel.

We slowly parted and I immediately craved for the warmth of his lips again. My eyes glanced down at his slightly swollen lips which have taken a darker shade on and I couldn't believe that I was the cause of this.

His thumb reached for my burning cheek and caressed it slowly. "You're burning!" He suddenly panicked when he touched my body and I winced at the pain crawling back on my skin.

"JIMIN!" He stood up and started shouting while I was holding onto his garment. People started running inside the room but all I wanted to feel was his hand around mine and when he suddenly kneeled down in front of me and wrapped his fingers around my hand, with a peaceful smile on my lips yet again everything turned black.

After all he was The King of a Nation and I was nothing but a fake maid who somehow got stuck in this magical era full of secrets and untold stories.

"Under the same sky but different time, our sad love that can't be. I will become the moonlight in the broad sky, so you can find your way back to me"

 I will become the moonlight in the broad sky, so you can find your way back to me"