Chapter 28: Love in the fields

"Taetae don't go please, stay here with Noona, I promise we will be good" Hyunwoo pulled Taehyung's hand, which made a little smile appear on Taehyung's scarlet lips that immediately warmed my heart

"We will come back, you can take that as a promise. Take care of your siblings" He lifted Hyunwoo and pecked his temple

I kneeled down to hug the other pouting toddlers who immediately ran inside my arms and filled me with an indescribable feeling of warmth and home.

"I will miss you" I whispered while caressing their silky hair in my arms.

"Take care of yourself my son and if you find the time please bring Jugyeong and Jungkook here, let me see my loves before I die, my eyes get tired from staring the whole year at this door, impatiently waiting for one of you to step in." Her shaking voice filled the area while Taehyung wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead before hugging her tightly.

They slowly broke their hug before her glinting eyes met mine and with a warm and welcoming smile she opened her arms for me to give her a hug. I quickly wrapped my arms around her shaking body and let myself feel the warmth of home, without even realizing hot tears rolled down my cheeks as her hand stroke my hair softly.

"He loves you more than you can imagine dear" She whispered softly and I nodded while sniffling

"I love him too Halmoni" I quickly wiped my tears away before loosening the hug and looking at her smiling face

"I know dear, I know that very well that's why I want to give you something I kept for Hyejin's wedding but unfortunately I could never give it to her but I know for sure that everything happens for a reason and this was made for you my dear" I curiously watched her opening her shaking hand and revealing a golden ring with an emerald stone on it that looked deeper than any existing green forest full of fairytales.

She placed the ring carefully inside my hand and curled my fingers into a soft fist before raising her head and looking over my shoulders to the man who silently was watching us

She nodded at him before looking me and pointing with her eyes towards the man who made my knees shake and heart race.

I slowly turned towards him at met his deep eyes that made me forget how to breathe.

"Ready princess ?" He asked while tilting his head to the side and letting my favorite smile of him appear on the scarlet lips I am already hungrily craving for again

"Ready" I smiled while looking at him but the chuckles of the toddlers made us break the eye contact and shift our eyes over to the little ones who were whispering and chuckling.

"You're all my princesses" Taehyung smiled at them before ruffling their hair and making them chuckle while blushing shyly.

After the heavy hearted goodbye we made our way back to the fairytale horse.

With our hands entwined, we walked through the already dark fields, the dark sky hovering above us and a cold breeze stroking our sun bathed warm skin.