Chapter 17: Fairytale

We walked over to the backyard I have admired before on the balcony, leading me quietly to the beautiful and dreamy white horses. As we got closer, footsteps of someone behind us sounded. We immediately turned around and the grey haired guy with his matching silver knight armors appeared.

"Your majesty" He said and bowed at The King before his eyes shifted to me. His eyes widened as if he remembered who I was.

"You!" He said and furrowed his eyebrows before glancing back at The King and bowing again "Excuse me you majesty"

"You two have met before?" The King arched his brow while his eyes darkened slightly.

"The farmer girl" He stated as if he was re-living our failed first interaction and I gulped nervously. The King was still unaware of my arrival and this was making me shift from one foot to the other.

"We had a rather bad first interaction" I bit my lips, internally praying and begging for him to not mention what I have asked him that day because The King definitely shouldn't find out that I have travelled to the past. Even though I highly believe that no one would ever believe that story because it still sounds surreal to my ears so it's understandable if they would be traumatized even at the thought of it.

I wish I could tell him everything, I wish I had someone to talk to about all of this, to share my struggle and pain but I couldn't, I couldn't risk that not right now when everything was slowly starting to get better.

"Jimin, the greatest and most skilled warrior in Mahiron, the one I completely trust with my eyes shut is no other than my loyal guard. The one who is ready to sacrifice himself completely without flinching.
But from today his duty also contains to keep an eye on you because I can't let another mistake happen again." His eyes travelled to the slowly healing wound on my back, increasing my racing heartbeats while remembering what we have shared that day.

"Your wish is my command, your majesty"
He bowed again, the once annoyed look in his eyes got replaced by a more friendly and warm look with a slight smile on his lips while meeting The King's eyes.

With a nod to Jimin, he turned to the horses while placing a hand on my lower back and leading me to the last horse in the row with the beautiful snow white mane.

"She is a beautiful horse" I whispered, mesmerized by her beauty. His warm and strong hand softly took my hand in his and placed it gently on the neck of the fairytale looking horse while his hand remained on mine.

"She likes it if you softly stroke her neck" He whispered and I gulped while his breath strove over the pulsing spot of my neck.

I felt her soft and warm coat under my palm, her heart pulsing under my touch and making my palm tingle while caressing her soft coat. I smiled and continued stroking softly her snow white coat.

My eyes met Taehyung's and I felt the ice in his eyes slowly melting and filling me with it's warmth.

"Ready to dare a ride?" He asked while holding out a hand for me. I looked up at him and I knew I have never been this ready before.

I wanted to dream.

I placed my hand in his and with a strong force he pulled me up close to him on the back of the horse.

"Hold onto me" he advised and I could feel him already smirking. I immediately wrapped my hands around his waist and gasped when I felt his strong muscles under my touch.

"Are you ready?" He glanced over his shoulders at me with a little smile on his lips. I just nodded trying to hide my flustered cheeks behind his broad back.

But his smirk only confirmed that he already knew how my body was reacting to him.

"Hold on tight Darling" He said with a last glance at me and in the next second we started to riding off.

The fresh late summer breeze blew through hair and garments, filled the lungs with new oxygen while riding through the green landscape and leaving the magical castle behind.

"Jimin is following us but don't worry, he will keep a distance between us you so you won't even notice him" I nodded while enjoying the scenery, lips parted in awe while looking at the fairytale around me.

"Am I riding too fast for you?" He asked while looking over his shoulders. When he met my mesmerized gaze a deep laugh escaped his lips and I smiled.

"Are you seeing the world for the first time?" He asked sarcastically which widened my smile. I am seeing your world for the first time I wanted to say but I gulped.

"It definitely feels like it" I responded while smiling, holding tighter onto his strong body.

"What if I wake up and realize that all of this was just a beautiful dream?" I asked myself deep in thoughts while my eyes travelled to his broad back wanting to lean my cheek against it but I wasn't daring to do so.

"Then I will make sure that you won't wake up until I turned all of this into reality"

____________