Chapter 14: Invasion of Privacy

The sun was slowly setting when I sneaked out‌ of the castle to inhale the fresh breeze.

Indeed it was dangerous to step out like this to the court, my life was at risk but what else can I lose?I don't know how many days it has been since got caught in this time era but it felt like an eternity

I don't know how many days it has been since got caught in this time era but it felt like an eternity. The uncertainty of not knowing if I'll be ever able to find a way back home was tormenting me every day and night.

Two days have passed since the Wedding of Princess Jugyeong and Prince Byungsu. She was busy adjusting to the new world of marriage, while in the afternoon I could take time for myself.

While walking around and crossing my arms in front of my chest and enjoying the late summer heat I slowly got closer to the training area of the castle. The place where The King made something sparkle inside me.

I could hear sword sounds and the sound of heavy breathing coming from the end of the area. I followed the sounds by walking down the area while the orange sun was filling the landscape and making the scenery breathlessly beautiful.

I immediately held in my steps when my eyes fell upon the man who was training with a silver sword in his hands, sweating and breathing heavily.

His shirtless chest was covered in a light layer of sweat which was glistening as the sunlight hitting against his sword and reflecting on his golden skin.

His dark brown and luscious hair was moving along his body movements, turning and swinging the sword.

As if an invisible line was pulling me towards him I decided to follow this feeling and walking towards him. My chest was heaving up and down the closer I got to him. I didn't know what I was doing, maybe it was me going completely mad after staying here for so long that I dared to invade the King's privacy.

As I was taking slow steps I oversaw the small steps right in front of me which led to the big training area.
I suddenly stumbled while trying to get a grip on my balance but failed and fell right on my knees, my hands touched the ground, stopping me from an even bigger disaster.

I bit my lips and lowered my head in embarrassment. How many times do I want to embarrass myself in front of him?

The sound of the sword moving suddenly stopped and I shut my eyes. That's it, can I melt now?

I slowly dared to lift my head and my heart skipped a beat when his dark alluring eyes looked right at me.
A layer of sweat was covering his forehead, his chest was heaving up and down due to his breathing, the sun rays were shining on his shirtless with sweat covered upper body while I gulped and looked at him with parted lips.

With the sword in his hand he made his way towards me and I started cursing at myself.
When he was standing right in front of me he all of a sudden raised his sword at me, pointing the tip of it millimeters away from my face. My eyes widened and my heart sunk as his gaze was sending chills down my spine.

"Do you know the consequences of invading the King's privacy?" His deep voice filled my ears and I gulped.
I sat up while he was towering me with his height and shook my head in embarrassment.

A smirk appeared on his lips and I gulped nervously  "A sword fight with the King."

My eyes widened and I chocked on my own saliva.
He must be joking. Me and a sword?

"Here take it" I slowly stood up while uneasily looking between him and the sword in his hand while he was patiently waiting for me to take it from him.

I nervously accepted the sword and took a sharp breath when I felt the heaviness of the sword which's tip already hit the ground as soon as I held it.

A deep laugh escaped The King's lips and made me flinch at the sound of it. I immediately lifted my head to look at his smile. A whole candy paradise exploded in my stomach at the sight of him smiling for the first time at me.

"I did not expect you to be this weak madame Y/n" He moved closer while walking around me and stopping right behind me. I took a deep breath unaware of what he was up to before he wrapped his arms around mine and placed the sword in my hands.

I flinched at the sudden touch of his skin against mine. My mind went immediately blank while my heart was racing to my head.

"You have to hold it with both of your hands like this" He slightly squeezed my hand in his while I was holding the sword in my hand. I shut my eyes at the feeling and my chest heaved up.

"And then you lift it up while straightening your upper body." He pressed his shirtless chest against my back while lifting the sword in our hands and swinging it.

His hot breath hitting against my neck and made me shut my eyes while trying to control my heavy breathing.

"You place your legs this way in order to balance your body" He suddenly ran his fingers down my thigh, gently lifting one leg and placing it the right way while I was feeling the heat flood through my body and my heart race like crazy.

"Now you can swing the sword with balance" With the help of the strength he provided me, we swung the sword in soft motions of the late summer breeze.

"Is it clear now?" He breathed out, not missing the reaction he has on me.

I shut my eyes at the feeling of his deep breath against my skin and nodded although all I paid my attention to was him and what he made me feel.

"I think I will give it a try" I slowly turned my head to the side and met his intense eyes. My heart skipped a beat while looking at him not knowing how many seconds have passed while we were looking at each other but when he suddenly stepped back I got pulled back to the reality and gulped.

He quickly grabbed another sword while I took a deep breath lifted the sword the way he has taught. It was still too heavy for me but now I could handle it a little bit better than before.

He walked to his spot while I was staring at his back before we both got ready. He nodded and offered a sword salute with a smirk on his scarlet lips. I returned the gesture while biting on my lower lip.

He made the first move and cutted lazily at me. I raised my brow at his move, parried slowly and thrusted at him. He arched an eyebrow, stepped back and held out to keep me at bay. I bit my lips and slapped his blade aside and thrusted again. He parried with a smirk and tried to counterthrust when all of a sudden loud footsteps could be heard.

And suddenly everything happened way too fast for me to handle and the little bubble I had created for myself got crushed by the guards surrounding us and swords getting taken out.

"No!"

The last thing I heard was The King's shout and the pain on my shoulder which grew every passing second. My eyes shot open and I suddenly lost the strength of my legs at the piercing pain in my shoulder.

My consciousness started fading with burning pain on my shoulder and then I suddenly lost the control of my limbs and fell against The King's chest until my eyes suddenly went black.