Chapter 21: The Truth

I quickly placed my hand on my lips to stop myself from gasping loudly. My heart fell into my stomach the moment the words left her mouth and turned to whole throne hall into a suffocating place were it's silence wasn't giving us a opportunity to breathe.

Why am I so stupid and thought that this dream could maybe one day turn into my reality?

After her voice echoed through the hall she elegantly stood up and looked down at The King who was staring into void, her lips escaped an ironic laugh when her eyes spotted his clenched fists on his throne.

"I need to rest. You will think about my words King, do not disgrace me in honor of your father's blood line and in respect to the eldest of this family. Prove me that you are worthy of being the first son of my brother and the King of our nation." Her footsteps filled the heavy throne hall as she left us with an unbearable pain behind.

Princess Jugyeong was the first one who showed any sign of reaction but I still couldn't move my body. I still felt the sudden unbearable pain in my chest, painfully scratching my throat from the inside, making it hard for me to breathe.

I couldn't understand why I was feeling this rush of emotions while just getting to know The King. What was I even thinking? It was delusional of me to believe that I could accept this life because of what he made me feel in this short amount of time. Time isn't a factor to prove anything yet what he made me feel was more real than anything I have been through the past weeks since I've ended up in 1819.

Jugyeong shook her head and stood up but before she could talk, The King stood up from his throne and suddenly ripped the formal garment off his body and threw it aggressively on the floor.

"EVERYONE OUT!" I flinched when he suddenly shouted at us, his voice shaking in anger as sweat drops were rolling down his temples. But when his eyes met mine the sob I was trying to hold back all this time escaped my lips and made everyone turn their heads in my direction in confusion.

From the corner of my eyes I could see how Jugyeong furrowed her eyebrows and started approaching me while my eyes were glued to The King while my lips were trembling in pain.

I was dying of embarrassment in front of all these royalties but what else could I lose?

"Your highness, is Y/N allowed to stay here a little longer? I will bring her back to Princess Jugyeong" Jimin's voice sounded and I blinked in shock as a confused Jugyeong was standing right in front of me, staring at the hot tear that escaped my itching eye.

She looked over at The King who's eyes were locked with mine, not leaving me alone in the middle of these royalties that were so unfamiliar to me. Jugyeong nodded her head at me before looking at Jimin's soft eyes. I quickly lowered my head and broke the heavy eye contact with The King as I heard them leaving the throne hall.

"I will wait at the entrance, take your time" Jimin whispered and I gulped in shock before he left me and The King suddenly alone in the empty and silent Throne hall.

Without lifting my head I could hear his heavy footsteps walking over to me before he suddenly wrapped his strong arms around my shaking body, pulling me closer into his warm embrace.

"Sshh" He slowly caressed my long hair while I shut my eyes, trying to feel every single touch of him for the longest on my body.

"Where did you leave the strong Y/N who argued with The King about the Wedding of his sister?" He whispered in my ear while pressing my body against his, making me gasp and look up at his face.

"She left the moment you wanted her colors painted on you" I whispered against his chest while trying to avert my eyes from his soft gaze because I know the second I look at them I would lose myself once again and forget where I really belong to.